Glass surfing after recovery from parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielc12

Hello!

So my beardie has just recently recovered from a parasite infection, she is much more awake and alert, which is great. I used to have to pull her out of her bed every morning to get up and eat, but now shes awake before I am ready to get the day started.

However this has come with some strange glass surfing behavior that just started three days ago. We just moved her into a new larger tank, and she had some bad relocation stress for a few weeks because of the sickness. She is now fully adjusted to her tank but it seems like she's trying to figure out where it ends. Tank temps, lighting, and humidity are all fine. Decor hasn't changed since we first got her the tank

She is also just absolutely refusing to eat her salad. I attempted to go a day without a live feed to encourage her to eat her greens, but no dice. I also take her out daily to run around and stretch her legs, and we do bath soaks as well.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Hormonal maybe, as shes around 7-8 months old? Or has she really already grown out her tank we just got her? That would be a giant bummer.

Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello!

So my beardie has just recently recovered from a parasite infection, she is much more awake and alert, which is great. I used to have to pull her out of her bed every morning to get up and eat, but now shes awake before I am ready to get the day started.

However this has come with some strange glass surfing behavior that just started three days ago. We just moved her into a new larger tank, and she had some bad relocation stress for a few weeks because of the sickness. She is now fully adjusted to her tank but it seems like she's trying to figure out where it ends. Tank temps, lighting, and humidity are all fine. Decor hasn't changed since we first got her the tank

She is also just absolutely refusing to eat her salad. I attempted to go a day without a live feed to encourage her to eat her greens, but no dice. I also take her out daily to run around and stretch her legs, and we do bath soaks as well.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Hormonal maybe, as shes around 7-8 months old? Or has she really already grown out her tank we just got her? That would be a giant bummer.

Thanks!
How big is the tank shes in now? Lighting and basking temps please NO stick ons and No coils -- behavior issues can be brought on by incorrect temps and UVB ----- it could be hormonal but we want to rule out the temps and UVB first ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom