Giving meds to beardie

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
My beardie has been diagnosed with coccidia and I just got the medication for it. (PONAZURIL) I am having trouble getting him to take it and am wondering if any one has tips to make ita little easier. I put the syringe into his mouth, towards the back and dispensed a small amount which came right out of his mouth. I wiped it up with my finger and he licked some of it off but I have no idea how much he got. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My beardie has been diagnosed with coccidia and I just got the medication for it. (PONAZURIL) I am having trouble getting him to take it and am wondering if any one has tips to make ita little easier. I put the syringe into his mouth, towards the back and dispensed a small amount which came right out of his mouth. I wiped it up with my finger and he licked some of it off but I have no idea how much he got. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
There are a few good youtube videos, sometimes watching someone do it is more helpful than having it explained. Still, you'll probably get a few suggestions from the friendly folks here.

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
There are a few good youtube videos, sometimes watching someone do it is more helpful than having it explained. Still, you'll probably get a few suggestions from the friendly folks here.
Thanks I didn't think to look on youtube but that is where I am going now!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom