Giant mealworms and supers as staples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Hey all, just a quick question.
My Beardie wont eat live crickets. Idk why she just seems to have no interest. So I've been getting her different types of worms for the past few months. She really likes supers, but I was unable to get them this week so I went with giant mealworms. Are these two okay to give her as a staple feeder? They're cheap and easy to get and to feed her, so it's great for me, but are they good for her?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Some variety is best, but they're fine.

A word of caution (may not happen to you); I fed my dragon supers for some variety with his dubias, and he got hooked on the supers. Now he won't eat the dubias, so I'm having to starve him until he does.
:dontknow:

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":2lz3sh11 said:
Some variety is best, but they're fine.

A word of caution (may not happen to you); I fed my dragon supers for some variety with his dubias, and he got hooked on the supers. Now he won't eat the dubias, so I'm having to starve him until he does.
:dontknow:
That's a bummer. Hopefully he'll eat soon.

I haven't really notice my girl being at all picky with her food, except for the cricket thing. She'll eat freeze-dried or frozen/thawed crickets just fine, but she'll turn up her nose at live ones.
Also she doesn't like chicory, but I dont blame her. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom