Getting your beardie to bed at night-

Stefanie.prince

Original Poster
Does anyone else's dragon demand to be out of his/her enclosure at bedtime? To fall asleep cuddling with you? We've had our adult rescued girl almost two weeks now and she loves to fall asleep at night on my daughters bed under the blankets lol.. She likes to be covered and her face also covered. Then we transfer her to a bed in her enclosure.. She never even wakes up its the cutest thing. How does a typical dragon sleep at night!? The first two nights we had her she glass surfed at bedtime and was going crazy in her enclosure until she passed out on the floor. Then she fell asleep on us the following night and we've let her since. Spoiled I know..

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
All five of mine are out every single night, usually 3 of them are crashed out on me lol. If i have my 4 year old male Zen on me the only other one i let near him is Snicker Doodles. My two rescue females (both 3ish y.o.) like to snuggle on the same hammock, they actually scoot as close to each other as they can get. And my new male Sinatra i keep well away from Zen but he LOVES to snuggle. He likes to snuggle with the girls too.(he is 9 months old so i can let him for the most part)

Stefanie.prince

Original Poster
That's awesome! Well we let our beardie sleep with my daughter last night and she stayed in her little bed next to my daughter all night! I call her beardie because she still doesn't have a name!.. We can't decide or agree on a name.. I think I'll make a post asking suggestions 😃

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Is she a trans? From the profile pic she looks to have solid black eyes. She is a cutie either way 🙂

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn will never miss a chance to sleep. It is her favorite hobby. She usually picks a spot in her house to settle in before going to sleep 1-2 hours before lights out. She is serious about bedtime. No nonsense. Just bedtime
I like the way she thinks lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I been taking a nap on my lunch break for 30 years or more lol. I refuse to drive far or sit in a drive thru it cuts into my nap lol 😆

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
All five of mine are out every single night, usually 3 of them are crashed out on me lol. If i have my 4 year old male Zen on me the only other one i let near him is Snicker Doodles. My two rescue females (both 3ish y.o.) like to snuggle on the same hammock, they actually scoot as close to each other as they can get. And my new male Sinatra i keep well away from Zen but he LOVES to snuggle. He likes to snuggle with the girls too.(he is 9 months old so i can let him for the most part)
i would be so scared to roll over and crush them, do you just not move at night?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I don't have them in my bed, i have some cool little cat hammocks i set on the couch, they start out there but usually end up snuggled under my neck (or half way up my face lol). The girls actually will get as close to each other as they can, they don't try to stack up just pack in like sardines. I have a big wrap around sectional, i keep my big male in his own hammock on the other end where i can keep an eye on him. (He is monstrous at over 1000 grams, he could kill my little male in one bite so i keep the little one close just in case).

Mr.Dragon

Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
At the same time every night, about 9p.m, Mr. Dragon will get off stick and wait for me to pull him out, like he knows its bedtime. But even if we have him on the bed, he will roam free until I put his little blanket on him (I made him a blanket) and as soon as I do that he will knock out. Like he knows as soon as the blanket comes on then its time to go to sleep, weather its on the bed or on my chest, he snuggles into whatever soft thing he's on and closes his eyes. After about an hour or two ill transfer him to his bed inside his tank and he doesn't even wake up. He'll re-adjust to get comfy again in his own bed then he is out for the rest of the night.
I have to put him back at night because I'm a very active sleeper and will crush him.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
At the same time every night, about 9p.m, Mr. Dragon will get off stick and wait for me to pull him out, like he knows its bedtime. But even if we have him on the bed, he will roam free until I put his little blanket on him (I made him a blanket) and as soon as I do that he will knock out. Like he knows as soon as the blanket comes on then its time to go to sleep, weather its on the bed or on my chest, he snuggles into whatever soft thing he's on and closes his eyes. After about an hour or two ill transfer him to his bed inside his tank and he doesn't even wake up. He'll re-adjust to get comfy again in his own bed then he is out for the rest of the night.
I have to put him back at night because I'm a very active sleeper and will crush him.
You are not alone. I do everything exactly the same! :ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Me to x's 5 lmao
Two of mine (Snickers and Sinatra) actually seem to get their feelings hurt if it's some eles turn to snuggle with me. Anyone who tells you they don't get jealous has either never had beardies or didn't spend time with them!!!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom