Getting Use To The Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntAPD

My BD still a baby, about 10in. and is sorta perched up on his tail and hind legs laying against the glass. It's his first night in the enclosure so i thought maybe it was him just being stressed and trying to get out, explore, etc. I turned off his heat lamp and UV light cause its starting to get late. Is this his way of going to sleep? I remember someone saying they might sleep in weird positions but sheesh that looks uncomfortable.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
They do sleep in the strangest positions. Those that seem to us like "how can that be comfortable?" Yes, they will sleep upright next to the glass. Here is a pic of the way I found Speedy the morning after we'd gotten her

goldienewbabydragon.jpg

She's grown a LOT since then. That's been just over 3 months ago and she was 28 grams and is now in the vicinity of 250 grams.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
My beardie use to sleep standing also. It seems the older she gets the less she does it. She doesn't stand in her tank anymore, but I catch her doing it on the baseboards around the house. After all these years it still makes me laugh and wonder why they do this.

AntAPD

Original Poster
Well I'm glad its normal...well normal for bd's. Should I give him time before handling him?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
By all means handle him.The sooner he gets used to being handled the better.The little guy will let you know if he's had enough.I have to warn you though, once you've handled him there is no turning back...you will fall in love and be hooked for life!!! Have fun with your new baby!!!

AntAPD

Original Poster
Yeah im just nervous about him runnin around cause i dont want him getting into my closet or something where i cant get to him. He just relaxes on my shoulder usually when i put him there. Or on the back of the computer chair i sit in near his tank.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
They can definitely get into some tight squeezes. If you feel better letting him sit on you that's fine. They can be quite the little leapers though. I swear they have no concept of distance when they are young.The little guy's will jump(just keep an eye on him). Maybe you can find him something to run around in or block areas in your room he might get into (I believe some call it "beardie proofing"). Anyway,have a great time with him!!
Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom