Getting thin with all the egg laying

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohsonChou

So had my beardie for 4 years and she(now I know) is about 4 - 5 years old. We always thought what we have is a boy so was I surprised to see 20 eggs in the tank earlier this year.

She has since layed twice, so a totaly of 3 times. Each with around 15 - 20 eggs.

I am a bit worried since she wasn't too big of a girl starting out and she is getting noticeably thin now.
She also doesn't seem to have as good of appetite as last year. She would barely eat anything for the 2 - 3 week before the egg laying and eat like crazy for 1 week after laying. I do supplement vitamins and calcium. But it just seems like whatever I feed her, she just turn it into eggs.

Any other tips you have?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, can you post pics of her to show her full body from above ? Pics of her entire tank + lights as well. Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

I've had egg laying females and that is typical for them to [ usually but not always ] stop eating for a few days or a week before laying. The thing to do is once they start eating again give them all they want, even if it's twice a day. They are eating for 20 -30 now so they need loads of food. Be sure not to skimp on calcium powder and offer good veggies as well. Hydration is important too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom