Getting a well bred dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcamechis

Hello, I currently have a normal beardie. But I'm on the look out for a zero leatherback male. I have came across two that I'm super interested In. But I'm very aware that breeding certain ways can cause not so healthy babies. The one I found is a baby from a hypo zero het trans x hypo wits pair. From what I have been reading on, this is not so good? Can someone confirm this for me and help explain why. The second one I found is a baby from Translucent dunner het hypo/zero/wits x leatherback 1/4 hybrid Barbara het hypo/zero. This is the better breeding? The labeling really confused me with this one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Typically speaking, if you are talking healthiest, you'd want to go with the het pairings, so the second one you mentioned would theoretically be a safer option.
However, the first wouldn't be bad either as it got it's zero trait from only one parent too.

What equally comes into importance too is the breeder. You want to be using a well known and trusted breeder when buying these new types of morphs. Who are the two breeders you are looking at?

-Brandon

Dcamechis

Original Poster
The first is from an Instagram account called biblical_dragons. I have never heard of them before. And the second is from premier dragons, who I have heard about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom