General questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rango101

Hi I just have a few quick questions I was hoping to get some advice on
1. My beardie is about to turn 1 and I know they don't stop fully growing until 1.5 so I'm assuming I should continue feeding him feeders 2x a day dusted with Ca 5x/week and multivitamin 2x/week until he's 1.5? Just want to make sure I'm not over feeding/ giving too many supplements. (He does still get daily salad)
2. The humidity in my house is ridiculous- I have a CHE on at night, I bought a mini room dehumidifier, I keep a fan on and I bought a window AC and yet the tank is still 60% humidity most of the time. Is this going to cause a URI? Or is there anything else I can do to lower humidity in the summer?

Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How are you getting the humidity? Stick on or a digital probe hygrometer and where do you have it in the tank --- best place is back center wall of tank it will read the whole tank - as long as its not going above 70% its ok - optimal is 30-50% -- what kind of UVB are you using- for a T 5 you wont need to dust as often w/ the calcium or vitamins as long as hes eating his salads -- and I would cut back in the insect intake and offer more salads -- after a year they really dont need all the protein -- you can add some treat worms like super meal butter or horn worms are all good

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Dehumidifiers work by cubic meters/feet. Open doors to other areas of the home will also effect how well to dehumidifier works. Also how often it is emptied. A too small dehumidifier won't effect a space too large for it's capacity. Maybe you need a larger dehumidifier?

rango101

Original Poster
I'm measuring humidity with both a stick on probe and a little indoor/outdoor hygrometer thing. I won't stress too much about the humidity then since I do my best not to let it get more than 60% I do keep the door closed and it's a small room so I was hoping that would be enough. And yeah I have a T5 so I guess I'll decrease the dustings to like 4 days a week instead of 7 maybe? and for decreasing his food, should I still do two insect meals a day just smaller amount or just move to one insect meal a day? Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can also put a sock w/ rice in the tank as well--- I would do insects 2-3 times per week and get some calcium w/ out D 3 no phosphorus-- alternate the calciums but only give the D 3 once or twice per week - since he's eating greens the vitamins aren't as pressing-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom