General questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rango101

Hi I just have a few quick questions I was hoping to get some advice on
1. My beardie is about to turn 1 and I know they don't stop fully growing until 1.5 so I'm assuming I should continue feeding him feeders 2x a day dusted with Ca 5x/week and multivitamin 2x/week until he's 1.5? Just want to make sure I'm not over feeding/ giving too many supplements. (He does still get daily salad)
2. The humidity in my house is ridiculous- I have a CHE on at night, I bought a mini room dehumidifier, I keep a fan on and I bought a window AC and yet the tank is still 60% humidity most of the time. Is this going to cause a URI? Or is there anything else I can do to lower humidity in the summer?

Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How are you getting the humidity? Stick on or a digital probe hygrometer and where do you have it in the tank --- best place is back center wall of tank it will read the whole tank - as long as its not going above 70% its ok - optimal is 30-50% -- what kind of UVB are you using- for a T 5 you wont need to dust as often w/ the calcium or vitamins as long as hes eating his salads -- and I would cut back in the insect intake and offer more salads -- after a year they really dont need all the protein -- you can add some treat worms like super meal butter or horn worms are all good

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Dehumidifiers work by cubic meters/feet. Open doors to other areas of the home will also effect how well to dehumidifier works. Also how often it is emptied. A too small dehumidifier won't effect a space too large for it's capacity. Maybe you need a larger dehumidifier?

rango101

Original Poster
I'm measuring humidity with both a stick on probe and a little indoor/outdoor hygrometer thing. I won't stress too much about the humidity then since I do my best not to let it get more than 60% I do keep the door closed and it's a small room so I was hoping that would be enough. And yeah I have a T5 so I guess I'll decrease the dustings to like 4 days a week instead of 7 maybe? and for decreasing his food, should I still do two insect meals a day just smaller amount or just move to one insect meal a day? Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can also put a sock w/ rice in the tank as well--- I would do insects 2-3 times per week and get some calcium w/ out D 3 no phosphorus-- alternate the calciums but only give the D 3 once or twice per week - since he's eating greens the vitamins aren't as pressing-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom