General questions for a first time owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayla55

Original Poster
Your cage decor looks great ! I was trying to spot the little one in there, I'll have to have another look. So yes, unfortunately the coil type uvb is what you have and they are not effective in a big + tall tank, the uvb is too weak. You'll need to get the long tube uvb that Karrie mentioned. Either a Reptisun 10.0 t5 or Arcadia D3 12-14 %. I know that lighting is super confusing and sadly many pet stores sell weak uvb bulbs.
you can see her tail sticking out of the log on the left side lol and what should the wattage be for the light?? Also thank you both for your help 😊

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K., I see the tail now. :) So yes, be sure to get the long tube uvb bulb ASAP. It is crucial for proper bone development and a young beardie can develop metabolic bone disease quickly [ MBD ] The extra aluminum dome will be needed for another heat bulb so you can have more heat in the tank, one bulb rarely does it. Just look for the 4 pack like this at Walmart or Lowe's, you don't need a pet store heat bulb.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ideally, you really only need a nice bright basking light for heating/warmth during the day, along with
a UVB source.
If you need additional warmth overnight, you can use a ceramic heat emitter so it doesn't interfere with
his sleeping.
I am glad to see you have done so much research & homework for your dragon. Let us know if you have
more questions!

Tracie

kayla55

Original Poster
Also recently I’ve noticed her tail and legs becoming dull in colour! Is this a sign of shedding soon?? When should I interfere with shedding? I know not to pull shed off them but when should I start misting her or giving her a bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom