General lighting fixture and placement Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just have a few questions about lighting:
1) What size UVB light strip should I get for a 2x2x4 foot enclosure (120 Gallons), 36" or 24"?
2) Which fixture should I use?
3) Should I put my basking lamp above or below the screen top of the enclosure?
4) I know the UVB bulb needs to go in the enclosure (bellow the screen) How should I attach it with it still looking nice?
5) Should I place it in the middle or back or front of the tank?
6) If I have my basking lamp on the far left side of the enclosure is it recommended/necessary/allowed to put a plain light like an LED on the far right to make a gradient?

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, I just have a few questions about lighting:
1) What size UVB light strip should I get for a 2x2x4 foot enclosure (120 Gallons), 36" or 24"?
24" fixture Zoo Med w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 comes w/ a 5.0 or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12 % bulb or a Sunblaster Nano Tech
2) Which fixture should I use?
Any of the ones posted above
3) Should I put my basking lamp above or below the screen top of the enclosure?
Inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
4) I know the UVB bulb needs to go in the enclosure (bellow the screen) How should I attach it with it still looking nice?GE 15 ft. Cable Ties, Hook and Loop Spool, Black-10375 - The Home Depot
this stuff works great cut into strips and wrap around the fixture
5) Should I place it in the middle or back or front of the tank? No back walls place it in the center of the tank or towards the front center up to you
6) If I have my basking lamp on the far left side of the enclosure is it recommended/necessary/allowed to put a plain light like an LED on the far right to make a gradient? I have a 4x2x2 I use another basking bulb 75 watt placed in the center of the tank getting temps in the 90's makes for a second basking area besides the hot side of the tank

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    IMG_20210920_080952243.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom