Gecko With Injured Tail!!!:( PLZ HELP!

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
My gecko was shedding about 2 weeks ago and he somehow injured his tail. The bottom of his tail is blue and red and hasn't healed. I am worried for my little guy. Does anyone have any tips on how to handle this? Plz give me some info.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear it, can you post good pics to show the injury ? If it's really bad do you have a reptile vet to take him ?

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Sorry to hear it, can you post good pics to show the injury ? If it's really bad do you have a reptile vet to take him ?
Hey man. Thxs so much for the reply! I have a vet, yes. Do you know any other options? Thanks,
Hatchi

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Post pics so I can see if I might be able to assess it . What type of gecko is he ? Raw honey can work wonders on wounds but you have to be positive that there are no loose insects in the enclosure.

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Post pics so I can see if I might be able to assess it . What type of gecko is he ? Raw honey can work wonders on wounds but you have to be positive that there are no loose insects in the enclosure.
I can't post a pic. He is a leopard gecko. Thanks for the tip! Do you know anything other than the honey?
Thanks,
Hatchi

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can Google how to treat a wound on a reptile but look for a reputable source. Still, if it's a bad wound it's best for a vet to see about it.

Hatchi

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
I can't post a pic. He is a leopard gecko.

You can Google how to treat a wound on a reptile but look for a reputable source. Still, if it's a bad wound it's best for a vet to see about it.
Thank you so much for all the help you have provided. I am truly in your debt.
Thanks,
Hatchi

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Hatchi,

Please keep us posted on your little leopard gecko. I hope his tail starts to clear up soon.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom