Furry worm in my roach bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iannkt

Anyone know what type of insect this is? I have seen a few in my roach bins. I took 2 out and put them in a container to see if they turn into so something recognizable.

IMG-5302a.jpg

jon21388

Juvie Member
how exactly do these worms show up? Do they just grow out of nothing? Or do they show up in your bin with a new order of dubias, where they could of been attached?

hammerhead

Juvie Member
They come in with the shipment probably mixed in with the frass or on an egg carton. They would be hard to spot in an order of dubias.
I don't have any in my colonies at home. You won't get any if you order from me. :lol:

jon21388

Juvie Member
interesting. How do they originally get into the bin, does someone introduce them to the colony once apon a time to keep things clean?

nenders

Are they good? I have them in my cricket container, but not in with the Dubia.

Should I add them to the Dubia tank?

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I've read they do no harm. I get rid of them. I don't want any thing else in with my dubias. They are nicknamed "cleaner bugs" but I'd rather do the cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom