Funny Looking Scales +Black Spot?

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone!

In recent months, I noticed a few black spots on Drogon's skin, particularly the one pictured below. Does it look cancerous? Also, anyone know what's going on with his tail scales? (also pictured). Thank you so much! - Selkie

PXL_20230117_180408534.jpg
PXL_20230117_180036536.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
While it's true that beardies can develop melanoma it's not at all common and the few I've seen on here were dragons that had numerous black dots. The tail is just normal harmless tail trauma, like a scrape or dry skin for us but takes longer to disappear on a beardie or may stay as a tiny scab. The black spot near Selkie's pit is really not of concern either but just like we might have a dermatologist check a new spot on our own body you can have it looked at by a vet if you're concerned. I wouldn't be concerned though. An inexperienced vet can try all sorts of things that waste your time and money.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
While it's true that beardies can develop melanoma it's not at all common and the few I've seen on here were dragons that had numerous black dots. The tail is just normal harmless tail trauma, like a scrape or dry skin for us but takes longer to disappear on a beardie or may stay as a tiny scab. The black spot near Selkie's pit is really not of concern either but just like we might have a dermatologist check a new spot on our own body you can have it looked at by a vet if you're concerned. I wouldn't be concerned though. An inexperienced vet can try all sorts of things that waste your time and money.

Thank you so much for this response. I really needed some reassurance. My little boy is my everything! <3 While my exotic vet is okay, they piss me off because:
1) They're not letting people inside still because of covid, which to me is getting old.
2) Theyre an hour an a half away, so I try to only take Drogon when it's necessary.

Thanks again!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom