Frequency to give calcium, D3 and multivitamin

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi I'd like to confirm what is the frequency that I should give calcium, calcium with D3 and multivitamin to my dragon Timber.

Here are some info about Timber:

- I dono his age but he is 50cm long and 486g now, we brought him home in Nov-21
- My tank size is 135cm long and I will be using Reptisun 10.0 T8 UVB x 2 tubes
- At the moment Timber totally not eating any greens. His diet is purely on insects, normally around 13 crickets or dubias per day, with maybe 1-2 blueberries (I know this is not good but I didn't manage to get him eat greens yet ><)

For each calcium, calcium with D3 and multivitamin, can recommend what are the good brands I can go for?

And may I know how long can the supplements last? Do I need to keep them in the fridge so to last until they finish?

I read from other site that if dragon having underbite it means over calcium is it true? I add a photo of Timber coz I'm worried it got a little underbite.

Thanks a lot in advance.

IMG_20220526_083716.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I'd like to confirm what is the frequency that I should give calcium, calcium with D3 and multivitamin to my dragon Timber.

Here are some info about Timber:

- I dono his age but he is 50cm long and 486g now, we brought him home in Nov-21
- My tank size is 135cm long and I will be using Reptisun 10.0 T8 UVB x 2 tubes
- At the moment Timber totally not eating any greens. His diet is purely on insects, normally around 13 crickets or dubias per day, with maybe 1-2 blueberries (I know this is not good but I didn't manage to get him eat greens yet ><)

For each calcium, calcium with D3 and multivitamin, can recommend what are the good brands I can go for?

And may I know how long can the supplements last? Do I need to keep them in the fridge so to last until they finish?

I read from other site that if dragon having underbite it means over calcium is it true? I add a photo of Timber coz I'm worried it got a little underbite.

Thanks a lot in advance.

View attachment 70609
Where is the T 8? How old is your uvb bulb?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Lay off of the bugs a little. Less protein and there are a few tricks that may work for you to encourage green eating. Lmk if your interested in some ideas. At 19 inches and 486 grams that’s an adult dragon I’m sure. They diet should consist of bug protein 2-3 week and greens offered daily and fruit accordingly. Do you gut load the crickets with anything? That’s a good practice of getting things into your dragon they are to stubborn to eat. If you can give less bugs the dragon may be more inclined to eat some veggies. Also please answer about the t8 because we have no idea how much you know and those bulbs are not very strong they need to be very close 6-8 inches from dragon.

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Where is the T 8? How old is your uvb bulb?
I just purchased the T8 tubes after reading this forum so they are brand new, I will fix them up today or tomorrow and make sure they are within 6-8 inches from dragon

But is it bad for dragon if the tubes are too near, say 4 inches? Bcoz you know the accessories in tank are not the same in height, so I can imagine it is a bit hard to maintain the same height at all spots of the tank. So I'm thinking can I make it too close rather than too far away from dragon?

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lay off of the bugs a little. Less protein and there are a few tricks that may work for you to encourage green eating. Lmk if your interested in some ideas. At 19 inches and 486 grams that’s an adult dragon I’m sure. They diet should consist of bug protein 2-3 week and greens offered daily and fruit accordingly. Do you gut load the crickets with anything? That’s a good practice of getting things into your dragon they are to stubborn to eat. If you can give less bugs the dragon may be more inclined to eat some veggies. Also please answer about the t8 because we have no idea how much you know and those bulbs are not very strong they need to be very close 6-8 inches from dragon.
Thanks for letting me know he is an adult, we have been unsure about it and made us dono which standard to follow

We did try completely lay off bugs and just give greens, but he is quite stubborn and rather be starved than eating the greens, for around 3-5 days I forgot. At the end we gave up and give back the crickets coz we worried seeing him losing weight

Yes would appreciate any ideas that can let him eat greens 😭

Yes we do guts load dubias and crickets mostly with apples and 1 type of green each time. Would love to know what other food suitable for guts load too, many thanks!

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
You can feed those crickets anything lol if you gave it a spot to get within 4 inches I don’t think it’ll be bad but let me get somebody on board that knows a bit more about the t5 and t8’s @KarrieRee
She is the one that asked you about your uvb earlier on this thread. People do things like put bee pollen, Dandelion powder, Dandelion root, also they have black soldier fly and sprinkle some on top of the salads.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I use liquid calcium’s, liquid everything so my supplements schedule is a little different then most. If you’re looking for good calcium brands rep cal makes great calcium and vitamins

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thanks for letting me know he is an adult, we have been unsure about it and made us dono which standard to follow

We did try completely lay off bugs and just give greens, but he is quite stubborn and rather be starved than eating the greens, for around 3-5 days I forgot. At the end we gave up and give back the crickets coz we worried seeing him losing weight

Yes would appreciate any ideas that can let him eat greens 😭

Yes we do guts load dubias and crickets mostly with apples and 1 type of green each time. Would love to know what other food suitable for guts load too, many thanks!
Apples are not something you want your dragon eating every day. Vitamin A is not good in large doses here is a great chart that I love to use. Ignore the kale thing, I use kale it’s a great staple feeder alongside some other greens. Nutrition Content

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Do something along these lines and you’ll be good I know you might wanna make one of those not d3 days a D3 day if you’re using the T8s. Remember when dusting your bugs they do not need to be completely covered just a very thin coat a tiny pinch of the supplement

Attachments

• 23AFD9DC-2237-4296-A4AC-90AA9715872A.jpg
    23AFD9DC-2237-4296-A4AC-90AA9715872A.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 109

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just purchased the T8 tubes after reading this forum so they are brand new, I will fix them up today or tomorrow and make sure they are within 6-8 inches from dragon

But is it bad for dragon if the tubes are too near, say 4 inches? Bcoz you know the accessories in tank are not the same in height, so I can imagine it is a bit hard to maintain the same height at all spots of the tank. So I'm thinking can I make it too close rather than too far away from dragon?
T 8's are not as strong as the T 5's and you can try the 4" but I do recommend the 6" -- what is the height of the tank and how tall is the basking decor piece - ?

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You can feed those crickets anything lol if you gave it a spot to get within 4 inches I don’t think it’ll be bad but let me get somebody on board that knows a bit more about the t5 and t8’s @KarrieRee
She is the one that asked you about your uvb earlier on this thread. People do things like put bee pollen, Dandelion powder, Dandelion root, also they have black soldier fly and sprinkle some on top of the salads.

Hi sorry for this late reply coz I rearrange the tank last few days.

We did try bee pollen before he shows no interest at all. BSFL we gave him before too he vomit, but I read that it has very good nutrition so ya I think we should try it again.

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Apples are not something you want your dragon eating every day. Vitamin A is not good in large doses here is a great chart that I love to use. Ignore the kale thing, I use kale it’s a great staple feeder alongside some other greens. Nutrition Content
Thanks for the chart, I saw it somewhere but couldn't get it back now I do 😃 Will refer for sure

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do something along these lines and you’ll be good I know you might wanna make one of those not d3 days a D3 day if you’re using the T8s. Remember when dusting your bugs they do not need to be completely covered just a very thin coat a tiny pinch of the supplement
Saw this somewhere before too but am still not sure coz it didn't mention about how it changes following the types of uvb tubes we use. Ok will take note on the amount of powder

Astrid.C

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
T 8's are not as strong as the T 5's and you can try the 4" but I do recommend the 6" -- what is the height of the tank and how tall is the basking decor piece - ?

Let me show you the setup. I rearrange it last few days and this is the "temporary finalized" version. Why temporary bcoz it turns out that the tubes are too near to dragon, around 3-4 inches, I need to lift the tubes 2 inches higher tomorrow.

This setup I follow the standard tank setup diagram that found on Google, is it okay? Please ignore the messy surroundings ><

And with this setup may I know what is the frequency I should give calcium, calcium w d3 and vitamin?

IMG_20220529_084009.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom