Frantic beardie chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this afternoon I decided to let my little Daytona run around the living room for a bit. That was a mistake.

I spent 15 or so minutes following her, trying not to scare her while she deftly evaded capture. She finally made her way into the kitchen where she had absolutely NO traction. I decided that was a perfect opportunity to grab a few crickets to use as a lure. As soon as she saw the cricket cup she came slipping and sliding across the kitchen and jumped right into the cup. Little rascal. I thought I was going to have a heart attack, I was so worried about her finding some little nook or cranny that I couldn't see and slipping in there. This little girl needs a playpen. :banghead:

LJean

Extreme Poster
That is why I wait until mine are a lot bigger before they get the run of the house. Makes me panic! LOL
I use my hallway or bathroom for the babies to run around.

Combichristina

Original Poster
I even got to go on another one today, though not nearly as heart stopping. I beardie baby-proofed the hallway and let her run around for a bit. She made her way into the kitchen again so Queen Daytona was easily captured. :D

our's are banned from the kitchen, to many little places to get into. one nearly got behind the fridge once, dont think i've ever moved so fast in my life, lol

jeitzen

Juvie Member
I have just started letting my little ones roam for short amounts of time. You are right though, they could get into a small crack or something similar very easily.

Lately Spike is out of his viv from when I come home till the morning. He has been hanging out till him falls a sleep and I just let him be and put him in his viv when I leave for work. This past Saturday, I had let Spike sleep out of the viv. I slept in and when I got up it was sunny already. I leave my glass sliding door open and the screen closed. Well, he had woken up and climb up the screen. He was half way up it when I came out!

dasher

Hatchling Member
that happenned to me once too when Dasher was just a baby he got frightened by something and ran so fast that i got my daily workout! :mrgreen:

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
lol..I am always paranoid about losing Dudlee! lol...Thats why she is either in the playpen, or in her harness while wondering around the house!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
I have a cardboard strip about 6 feet long. I put it in a lil circle and put Zing in it. :) He went outside 4 first time, wana see vid? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom