• January Photo Competition!
    Gather the best photos of your bearded dragons... the theme for this month is "Goofball beardies!" For details check out the January Photo Compeitition thread.

Frank needs your help!!

kav

Original Poster
I would say the meds are causing the not eating- as long as his basking temps are good along w/ uvb I would keep track of his weight and keep feeding him
The last dose of meds were a little over a week ago. We will continue to keep weighing / feeding him. Basking temps / UVB all good.

Thanks!

kav

Original Poster
It's been a while so I wanted to give an update on Frank.

Frank is still refusing any food. I continue with my slurry of crushed up fresh bugs (superworns, crickets & dubia roaches with a little butternut squash baby food to make it flow through the syringe).

Brief history: Frank was diagnosed with pinworm and coccidia both of which he's been through the treatments. He tested negative for coccodia but still positive for pinworn. We when through a second treatment for the pinworm about a month ago. We are waiting 2 months before doing another fecal test as per the Vets last correspondence. Frank is active and is pooping no problem. It is watery, not super smelly. I think he releases the extra water from his system that comes from the slurry.

What I have noticed recently as I try and hand feed him a worm or strawberry is it looks like he is in pain when he chews? Could this be the reason Frank is refusing food?

It is making us very sad to see him unhappy, we just want him on the road to recovery.

Thanks,

Paul, Lily and Frank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
It's been a while so I wanted to give an update on Frank.

Frank is still refusing any food. I continue with my slurry of crushed up fresh bugs (superworns, crickets & dubia roaches with a little butternut squash baby food to make it flow through the syringe).

Brief history: Frank was diagnosed with pinworm and coccidia both of which he's been through the treatments. He tested negative for coccodia but still positive for pinworn. We when through a second treatment for the pinworm about a month ago. We are waiting 2 months before doing another fecal test as per the Vets last correspondence. Frank is active and is pooping no problem. It is watery, not super smelly. I think he releases the extra water from his system that comes from the slurry.

What I have noticed recently as I try and hand feed him a worm or strawberry is it looks like he is in pain when he chews? Could this be the reason Frank is refusing food?

It is making us very sad to see him unhappy, we just want him on the road to recovery.

Thanks,

Paul, Lily and Frank.
Post a pic of the inside of his mouth you may need help w/ this try using a q tip going in on the side of his mouth - need to see if there is a issue / sore etc inside-

kav

Original Poster
Here are some pictures of the inside of his mouth.

650CC9A9-62F9-4F17-A8CF-6C1555B8B4B0.jpeg

9330AA22-7198-4800-AB0C-23E9F2792B87.jpeg

2A34BD55-3C00-4D5E-BD99-3B98D233DCDE.jpeg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your little one doing? I agree, while the Panacur is pretty mild & gentle on the system but the Albon is a bit hard on the system.
So I would recommend using a probiotic to help with the appetite. Or you can also get some molasses & mix that with water to help out
with the tummy & the appetite.
Are you also keeping him warm overnight to help boost his system, too?
The inside of his mouth looks normal. When you feed slurries the teeth can get a bit stained, or on the gum area. You can try to use a
soft toothbrush dipped in diluted betadine to clean the teeth & gums.

Tracie

kav

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply Tracie and Karrie.

Can you suggest a good probiotic for Frank? I rushed out this morning and picked up some Betadine, do you know a recommended dilution ratio? I diluted it 1:10 with water and put it on a Q-tip. I gently put the Q-tip to the side of Frank's mouth and he opened wide, he never does that. It was like he wanted me to wipe the inside of his mouth with the Betadine soaked Q-tip. He looked at me with relief in his eyes I swear! I will continue twice a day over the next week?

I will keep you updated

Thanks!

Paul, Lily and Frank.

Top Bottom