Frank needs your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kav

Original Poster
The enclosure is beautiful, well done ! Is there a uvb tube, I don't see one. I would not give him an antibiotic when there's really nothing wrong with his mouth, a yellowish color is normal for some dragons. Did you say that he never got over the coccidia though ?

The enclosure is beautiful, well done ! Is there a uvb tube, I don't see one. I would not give him an antibiotic when there's really nothing wrong with his mouth, a yellowish color is normal for some dragons. Did you say that he never got over the coccidia though ?
Yes there is a UVB 10.0 strip light mounted inside, the angle of the pictures don't show it sorry. I don't think we got on top of the Coccidia with the other medication. I suspect Frank was being re-infected in his old enclosure hence the new Melamine one with all new decorations.
IMG_6079.jpg

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, good on the uvb. But I would not be giving the antibiotic, Frank has been through a lot of meds. already. I think his appetite will still return at some point out of the blue. Is his weight still stable ? If so, that's good !

kav

Original Poster
O.K, good on the uvb. But I would not be giving the antibiotic, Frank has been through a lot of meds. already. I think his appetite will still return at some point out of the blue. Is his weight still stable ? If so, that's good !
Yes his weight is stable 480grams

kav

Original Poster
Should I stop syringe feeding but offer him bugs / greens everyday? (We do offer food everyday currently)

kav

Original Poster
Another and hopefully the last Frank update.

Frank seems to be back on track. A couple of weeks after his course of antibiotics ended and acclimating to his new bigger enclosure Frank started eating on his own again. He started with Superworms dropped in front of him, we have also tried crickets & Dubia roaches but he's not as keen currently. We leave a salad in there too but he never touches it. His poops look completely normal also.

I can't begin to tell you how relieved we are that Frank is back on track. I'm not sure if it was the antibiotics or the new environment or a combination of the two that turned things around but whatever did it we are thankful.

We want to also thank everyone who helped us along the way. This is an amazing community and we couldn't have done it without your support.

Thanks again.

Paul, Lily and Frank.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Another and hopefully the last Frank update.

Frank seems to be back on track. A couple of weeks after his course of antibiotics ended and acclimating to his new bigger enclosure Frank started eating on his own again. He started with Superworms dropped in front of him, we have also tried crickets & Dubia roaches but he's not as keen currently. We leave a salad in there too but he never touches it. His poops look completely normal also.

I can't begin to tell you how relieved we are that Frank is back on track. I'm not sure if it was the antibiotics or the new environment or a combination of the two that turned things around but whatever did it we are thankful.

We want to also thank everyone who helped us along the way. This is an amazing community and we couldn't have done it without your support.

Thanks again.

Paul, Lily and Frank.
Glad to hear he is getting better --- please make sure your UVB is 12-15 inches directly above a piece of decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom