Found a gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after many weeks of looking, I've found exacty what I wanted. Its 48x24x24 120 tank! I found it on Facebook marketplace located only 30 minutes away from me. It housed a ball python so there's definitely some modifications I plan on making. I know the uvb lights need to extend 2/3s of the tank . So I plan on taking out the old light fixtures and put in Reptisun T5 10.0 HO lights installed inside. I'm still researching basking lights. For the floor I plan to put in slate. I'm besides my self on decor! I would like to make godzilla a hiding spot out Styrofoam, and have branches going up to his basking spot with a hammock nearby. So my question is what would be your recommendations? Once I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Make sure the slate you plan to use is not too coarse--- you want a textured slated tile something smooth but not so smooth he will slip--- basking lights are going to be trial and error -- is the tank glass?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
110499-9395565451.jpg
110499-269607231.jpg
Thank you for the helping me with uploading pictures!
110499-9395565451.jpg
. I was told it was made custom out of recycled materials

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
T5 light fixtures are expensive. I was looking at buying one from Walmart or home depot, but they don't come in the size that I need. Could I use 2? Instead of one long one? Or should I just bite the bullet and spend the money?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3nwez9gb said:
Spend the money --- those ones that come from Home Depot and Walmart do not have reflectors in them and you need a reflector --- it will benefit and maximize the UVB rays to him --- the basking temps and UVB is the most important things in the tank --
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html
you can get a 24" or the 36" I am using a 24" fixture
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
Thank you I will!

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
Claudiusx":2rr9v667 said:
Nice looking tank!

-Brandon

Thank you! I'm super excited! Lol I couldn't even sleep right last night because I kept going over my head what I wanted to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom