Forum tools grayed out?

Axil

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
I seem to have lost the ability to use the shortcut bar on top of my posts to do things like link, bold, and insert images. The buttons to do so are there but are all grayed out.

Sadly my ability to remember markup tags has been largely lost over the years. Is this an issue on my end or is something going on with the forums?

Solution
On your bar, to the very far right, seperated from the majority of buttons, should be 4 buttons. A back button, a forward button, a button with two brackets [ ] and a floppy disk save button. Click the button with two brackets [ ]

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
On your bar, to the very far right, seperated from the majority of buttons, should be 4 buttons. A back button, a forward button, a button with two brackets [ ] and a floppy disk save button. Click the button with two brackets [ ]

-Brandon

Upvote 2
Solution

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Upper right of the editor pane… depending on the width of your screen/display, there’s either brackets …. [ ] … or 3 vertical dots to get to the brackets.

At some point you went into BBCode mode. Clicking the brackets again should toggle you back to WYSIWYG mode For the editor.

I was actually just in that mode, like you, when I started to type this, as I was testing out some BBCode stuff.

And once you change it, your browser should remember that next time. It remembers what you last posted with.

1681340796925.jpg

Upvote 0

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Btw… thank you for using the Question type of post. I’m hoping to find a way for people to use that more when they have clear questions seeking an answer. The benefit to it is that people can vote for what they think the right/best answer is (one way to get a pulse on what people agree with). And the OP (or an Admin/Moderator) can mark a reply as the “Answer”. This then highlights that reply right below the original post. End result is that when people have the same question, they may find that answer more quickly. :) So, thanks again!

Upvote 0

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I actually noticed that when i came back to this thread. I was the 1st poster after the O.p. but brandons answer showed up at the top. It confused me for a second, i looked at the time stamp which matched my memory, then i realized it was marked answer and had been pinned to the top. Earlier today i was trying to find the model number for the solarmeters and wishing it was easier to find in a sea of text. ...... now I'm kicking myself thinking i should haved wished for a winning lottery ticket lol.

Upvote 0

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom