Flying with my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLuisa

Hi!
In a couple of weeks, I will be moving and flying to Florida (about an 1.5 hr flight) and I am looking for advice on the how to fly with a beardie. I first want to say that my beardie is an ESA (Emotional Support Animal) for me and I have already submitted that documentation to the airlines and they have approved it so he is all set to fly directly with me.

I have never flown or traveled with him before however and I just want to make this trip as stress-free and safe for him as possible! I want to say that after I land I will have a few hours until I can actually move into my place so I am setting up a playpen at a friend's place and bringing a heat lamp for that.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for this? or have any experience with this? Like should I wait to feed him until he is in his new tank? what are the best ways to keep him warm in his carrier?

Any help is appreciated thank you!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't flown with a dragon but have read that sometimes the airlines can give you problems even if they are registered ahead of time. I would use an airline approved pet carrier like the oxgord. The temperatures aren't likely to cause a big problem. I'm not sure if the traditional heat packs would be allowed (I don't see why not but who knows these days). Insulation via fleece might be the best route. The short flight duration isn't likely to cause an issue.

Given that you may run into last minute issues from the airlines it might be a good idea to build a plan to drive (they tend to do well on car rides) if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom