Flooring

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
What's a good, but kinda cheap thing I can use as flooring/substrate and a place to get it.? We're moving tanks around and since they have pinworms, I want to get rid of the carpet but Toothless' floor gets super super hot. I want something that makes clean up easy because Toothless poops within minutes of waking up and he typically wakes up before I do.

Shelf liner from Lowe's or something.? Or a yoga mat cut to size or something.? Any ideas that work well.

Also, photo of my "ghost" Nova for attention. I say ghost because she woke up and was suddenly grey from getting ready to shed.😂

Attachments

• 16757111537787209774336828769882.jpg
    16757111537787209774336828769882.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 105

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What's a good, but kinda cheap thing I can use as flooring/substrate and a place to get it.? We're moving tanks around and since they have pinworms, I want to get rid of the carpet but Toothless' floor gets super super hot. I want something that makes clean up easy because Toothless poops within minutes of waking up and he typically wakes up before I do.

Shelf liner from Lowe's or something.? Or a yoga mat cut to size or something.? Any ideas that work well.

Also, photo of my "ghost" Nova for attention. I say ghost because she woke up and was suddenly grey from getting ready to shed.😂
this is good -- I use this in both my tanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think a non adhesive shelf liner is really good, there are a lot of options of colors too. You can
also try a textured slate type of tile, also.
There is also a rubber type of flooring at Home Depot that you can look at. You can cut it & fit it
to your tank size.

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

I think a non adhesive shelf liner is really good, there are a lot of options of colors too. You can
also try a textured slate type of tile, also.
There is also a rubber type of flooring at Home Depot that you can look at. You can cut it & fit it
to your tank size.

Tracie
What about like... half shelf liner/rubber mat the other half textured tile.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do you have a suggestion for something permanent.? Like a peel and stick sort tile or liner or something.?
No peel n stick- you want something that has no adhesive the heat will melt it and cause fumes- check out zen habitats they have a mat there for 4x2 tanks that I am using it's a nice mat

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
No peel n stick- you want something that has no adhesive the heat will melt it and cause fumes- check out zen habitats they have a mat there for 4x2 tanks that I am using it's a nice mat
I get that. I need something today, the bottom of the tanks are black and as a result, the floors get super super hot from the lights, even with light stands. That's why I was looking at something simple from home depot or Lowe's or something until I can get a better mat from zen.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I get that. I need something today, the bottom of the tanks are black and as a result, the floors get super super hot from the lights, even with light stands. That's why I was looking at something simple from home depot or Lowe's or something until I can get a better mat from zen.
Yes try Lowe's or home Depot - what is the flooring now?

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom