Flood lights

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
My basking bulbs are burning out very quickly and am wondering if anyone here has used floodlight bulbs in place of basking bulbs. I saw online that someone recommend them saying they are cheaper and last longer. I always check here if I have a question as this is the site I trust. Thanks for any input.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My basking bulbs are burning out very quickly and am wondering if anyone here has used floodlight bulbs in place of basking bulbs. I saw online that someone recommend them saying they are cheaper and last longer. I always check here if I have a question as this is the site I trust. Thanks for any input.
What brand of basking bulbs are you using? Arcadia halogens are good - Flukers bulbs --

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
What brand of basking bulbs are you using? Arcadia halogens are good - Flukers bulbs --
I have used Thrive (petsmart brand) and zoomed. I'll look for the other brands today. My brands were supposed to last " up to" 1000 hours and 2000 hours and have burnt out in half or a little over half that time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have used Thrive (petsmart brand) and zoomed.
Thrive is not a very good brand and the zoo med basking bulbs are not as good either --- I am using Flukers right now and have had good luck so far --- they are also cheaper than the others as well --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can use any CLEAR incandescent bulb, no frosted or colored bulbs. The basking is just for heat. Lowes is now carrying a few incandescent bulbs upto 200 watts. They are less than 4 bucks each. I bought 3 last Saturday myself.

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
You can use any CLEAR incandescent bulb, no frosted or colored bulbs. The basking is just for heat. Lowes is now carrying a few incandescent bulbs upto 200 watts. They are less than 4 bucks each. I bought 3 last Saturday myself.
Thanks I'll try those. Pet stores in my area don't have flukers or Arcadia in stock right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom