Flood lights

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
My basking bulbs are burning out very quickly and am wondering if anyone here has used floodlight bulbs in place of basking bulbs. I saw online that someone recommend them saying they are cheaper and last longer. I always check here if I have a question as this is the site I trust. Thanks for any input.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
My basking bulbs are burning out very quickly and am wondering if anyone here has used floodlight bulbs in place of basking bulbs. I saw online that someone recommend them saying they are cheaper and last longer. I always check here if I have a question as this is the site I trust. Thanks for any input.
What brand of basking bulbs are you using? Arcadia halogens are good - Flukers bulbs --

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
What brand of basking bulbs are you using? Arcadia halogens are good - Flukers bulbs --
I have used Thrive (petsmart brand) and zoomed. I'll look for the other brands today. My brands were supposed to last " up to" 1000 hours and 2000 hours and have burnt out in half or a little over half that time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
I have used Thrive (petsmart brand) and zoomed.
Thrive is not a very good brand and the zoo med basking bulbs are not as good either --- I am using Flukers right now and have had good luck so far --- they are also cheaper than the others as well --

xp29

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby & Snicker Doodle
You can use any CLEAR incandescent bulb, no frosted or colored bulbs. The basking is just for heat. Lowes is now carrying a few incandescent bulbs upto 200 watts. They are less than 4 bucks each. I bought 3 last Saturday myself.

Jes

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Obidiah
You can use any CLEAR incandescent bulb, no frosted or colored bulbs. The basking is just for heat. Lowes is now carrying a few incandescent bulbs upto 200 watts. They are less than 4 bucks each. I bought 3 last Saturday myself.
Thanks I'll try those. Pet stores in my area don't have flukers or Arcadia in stock right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

possible brumation
oh yeah also hes massive now and he broke his hammock
Can beardies eat Mustard Greens? Hope so I bought some along with some Cilantro. Needed to try something different. He won't eat his broccoli or cauliflower he used it eat it. So I thought I'd give it a try.
HELP what's happening with my beardie!!he has a lifted up scale and it has shedding in a circle around it I noticed it for the first time yesterday and I have no idea what it is and when I shine a flashlight on him it's yellow around the scale what do I doooo
substrate looks scrumptious
My female bearded dragon has recently started gasping for air all the time. She can’t get sleep or really do anything because she has such a difficult time breathing. I think it might be a RI but I’m not completely sure. Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nycat1
Top Bottom