Flexwatt Qs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
I cannot figure out what I did wrong...

So I've got my piece of flexwatt. Got my little connecty dudes. Then I clamped on little connecty dudes with pliers. They are clamped onto the silver strip on the sides of the flexwatt. Next- insert wires into the little hole things. Clamp down with pliers. Clip on plastic protecty doohickies.

It's been plugged in for about half an hour and still no heat!

Did I totally miss something? Does it just take longer?

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
hmm.. I'm trying to remember how long exactly ours took to kick in, I don't think longer than an hour to heat up. I would contact wherever you bought it from... Any updates on it though?

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Nope, left it plugged in over night. no heat.

Argh!

How hard to do you have to crimp down on those things? Is it possible i just didn't crimp hard enough? I heard the little teeth digging into the flexwatt...

shadi11

BD.org Addict
If it hasnt heated up there is no connection somewhere. it should start heating right away. I would check to make sure everything is connected right again. How do you have it wired to plug in. Do you have a 3 wire plug or 2.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
darn. That's what I figured.
I'm not at home. I lean toward it's a double prong. I'm guessing I just didn't get the connections tight enough.

Thanks Shadi!

shadi11

BD.org Addict
zimbabwepegasus":6dcf8 said:
darn. That's what I figured.
I'm not at home. I lean toward it's a double prong. I'm guessing I just didn't get the connections tight enough.

Thanks Shadi!
well let me know if you need assistance.. I have a few of those running in my house.. :lol:

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I'll be home in about 4 hours and I'll try again then...
I don't have great pliers, so I'm thinking I just didn't crimp it enough.
Stupid flexwatt!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom