first time grandmommy HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotachristy84

Hatchling Member
I am a first time grandmommy to 23 beardie eggs. i am so lost. i got the dragons from my cousin in law who knew they were a breeding pair. so i knew as well i just didn't know the signs to look for and i've been doing research, just a little to late i guess. so i have no idea what to do with the eggs. i looked at some websites and got the run around so i figured that you guys would help. The cousin in law said to put the eggs in moist vermikulite. which i did. i read at another website that you should look for the red oval and place that up so they live. which i did so i hope that was right if not i might have just killed most of them. this is her 3rd or 4th clutch of eggs. her first ones were infetile and the 2nd ones the cousin in law didn't know any better then i did and he said that he put them in his hand and they kind of rolled around so he didn't know what end was up. so i hope by looking for the red spot that i didn't harm the eggs. now i have one of those foam incubators which i was told to set @ 84. so right now i have the babies in containers still in the dragons cage under the lights so they stay warm until that gets set. that's about all i know. nothing else so am i missing anything about humiditiy and stuff like that. i don't want to kill them by making a mistake. i've raised baby chickens not lizards but i also have a cup of water in the incubator as well. thanks for for info

I am also on my first clutch of eggs. If the eggs are turned within the first 24 hours, it will be ok. The important thing is to mark the top so you will know if they have been turned. It is correct to look for the translucent circle and put that side up. The way I have my incubator set up is 4 sealed sandwich containers filled with moist vermiculite. 2 of them have eggs and the other 2 are for our next clutch. The temp can range from 80-86, but I try to keep mine right in the middle. Humidity is the most important. If there's not enough, the eggs will dent in, if there's too much, they will mold. I could not keep my humidity up so I laid a moist washcloth over the sealed containers and now it's perfect. You want to keep it between 70%-90%. Besure to have a digital thermometer and hygrometer for the most accurate reading. Good luck, maybe in a couple of months you will have some little babies running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom