First ever Beardie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Do you think temp switch would be needed to automatically switch the basking lamp on and off when it hits peak temps?
I am not sure about that I am a manual user and dont use those temp things but we can ask CooperDragon about that --- I will flag him on here -- as far as the basking decor for your UVB look either outside for a good piece of wood you will need to sanitize / bake it first before putting in the tank I think around 300 for like 10 min or so or you can look on Pet Smart for decor - they have really nice pieces for dragons but make sure you think large I have all kinds of decor from them they are easy to clean -- here is a pic of my tank most everything came from Pet Smart except that big rock / hid under the UVB
@CooperDragon

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 76

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Turning your bulb on and off to try to control temp is NOT a good idea 1) it's going to be stressful on your dragon
2) its going to be stressful on your bulb. Any type of bulb that has a filament takes a beating when you repeatedly turn it on and off. You will be better off the adjust the wattage or raise the heatlamp up some to get the correct temp. You could also lower the basking area a bit, or you could give your dragon basking decor with multiple levels and he will pick the one he likes best.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
You could also lower the basking area a bit, or you could give your dragon basking decor with multiple levels and he will pick the one he likes best.
we've got one of these. Wholesale Lugarti Premium Grapevine (this particular one is currently out of stock but there are various sizes.) it allows sir henry to chose his desired uvb distance. sometimes he hangs out at the very top, other times the bottom, usually the middle. heat basking we have a different platform right behind the vine that also has levels to choose from. he goes between the two spots throughout the day.

Pat26_

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Igneel
Turning your bulb on and off to try to control temp is NOT a good idea 1) it's going to be stressful on your dragon
2) its going to be stressful on your bulb. Any type of bulb that has a filament takes a beating when you repeatedly turn it on and off. You will be better off the adjust the wattage or raise the heatlamp up some to get the correct temp. You could also lower the basking area a bit, or you could give your dragon basking decor with multiple levels and he will pick the one he likes best.
Yeah I plan on exchanging the light stand because I accidentally order the small so the further away the lower the temp will be 🤔 noted and makes a lot of sense lol

Pat26_

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Igneel
we've got one of these. Wholesale Lugarti Premium Grapevine (this particular one is currently out of stock but there are various sizes.) it allows sir henry to chose his desired uvb distance. sometimes he hangs out at the very top, other times the bottom, usually the middle. heat basking we have a different platform right behind the vine that also has levels to choose from. he goes between the two spots throughout the day.
I might just make a run to petsmart once I get off and get him some wood

Pat26_

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Igneel
Went and picked up a piece of wood

Attachments

• 0FD7879F-21F3-4850-BAB8-C4EAB1159B27.jpeg
    0FD7879F-21F3-4850-BAB8-C4EAB1159B27.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 84

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That looks really good :)

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom