First egg hatched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
okay, i now have 7 completely hatched babies and 1 on the way, unfortunately one of the eggs didn't make it :( he never came out of the egg, the egg cracked but he never made it and looking at it he's not alive :( this is my first time actually breeding so i guess 1 out of 12 ain't bad. Santa is now 1 week 1 day old and LOVES crickets, boxer is a week old today and has only eaten a couple of crickets, to my surprise the 5th one to be born ate crickets today and its about 2 days old, they're running around and having great fun,i still offer veggies everyday but they don't seem to want them, but all in good time, i didn't know how exciting and fun it could be to breed bearded dragons :)

here is a photo on average how big the eggs were before hatching

mortitia

Hatchling Member
HI
Its lovely to hear how they are all doing. You're over the halfway mark now.
Have a happy new year

Marie x

JC0609

Mine are also of all various sizes, one of my larger ones hatched yesterday. He big.

I mostly give them a spray and keep spraying till they tip their nose and drink. I try to bath in a shallow dish daily.

One of my babies also hatched still stretched to the large yolk sac which was still attached to the egg. She is tiny, very skinny, but has unattached herself from the egg now.

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi! I've been super busy lately sorry that I haven't replied. 11 out of 12 hatched as one tried to hatch but never make it :( half of them are over 2 weeks old now and they're doing great! Running around like crazy and no fights (crosses fingers) so far. They're so so cute! I'm still feeding them baby crickets and offer veggies everyday though they are eating all of the snow peas and hardly any of the carrot. I'm trying as I live in australia to find more fruit/veggies they can eat because I know I shouldn't give them a lot of carrot.

By the way this isn't on the topic of the babies but my older beardies (the parents) have runny stinky poo but they've had it since I had them basically so I'm thinking it's not a parasite as I've had them both for nearly 3 years now and they aren't sick. I feed them carrot, snow peas and sometimes rocket for their veggies And I think it might be that. Do you know what veggies I could give so that stops happening?

mortitia

Hatchling Member
Hi

Glad to hear your little ones are doing great.

I now have 16 babies and the last 2 should be fully hatched tomorrow. I don't know about yours but mine are cricket monsters, they get through loads. I've not tried peas but they do go for the butternut squash. Daily baths are time consuming, what do you do to keep yours hydrated?

We now have a routine pretty much the same as the girls, bath, quiet time, then they all get tucked up in bed. I'm amazed that they stay there all night. (bed is a flannel folded in half and they get sandwiched in the middle) quite a few of them jump on my hand if I put it in the viv. The other day one got a bit feisty and 'gapped' at me)

The only time daddy dragon had loose stools was when he was munching the living salad. But he much prefers a mixed salad to spring greens. They all like the butternut squash tho. But if yours have been the same for 3 years it may be just down to diet. I'm not really that knowledgable, I have been winging it for the last 2 years and doing lots of things that I was not supposed to!

I'm sure someone will be able to advise you

Marie x

RachhFloynter

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's so cool! I basically bath mine every second day but I spray water in their tank or when I get them out to feed them and they're doin very well. Mine LOVE crickets I go through waaaaaay too many haha.

mortitia

Hatchling Member
They have now moved from the nursery to their new home. Hopefully we will have another viv set up tomorrow so that I can split them

problem is they don't want to get down from the tree to chase crickets!

RachFloynter - You need to post pics of yours now, have they grown much?

Marie x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom