First bearded dragon, Questioning?? LOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When do you plan on getting the UVB bulb? The UVB bulb and calcium actually work together so is important that you get the bulb soon.

Sounds like he/she didn't have quite enough time basking after eating so that could have been the reason for the loose poop as well as from the lettuce. Did you check out the link to the foods yet?

Good that you're using a probe thermometer, make sure you wait 45 min to an hr before getting the final readings. What size is the tank?

Let us know how the bath goes, test the water by the inside of your wrist, not hot and not cold. Keep a close eye on him, sometimes they try to jump out. Would be a good idea to put your hand in the water in case he feels more secure hanging onto you. Also put a washcloth or small towel down in the bottom so that he doesn't slide around which will make him feel more secure.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
diamc":3obvef3e said:
When do you plan on getting the UVB bulb? The UVB bulb and calcium actually work together so is important that you get the bulb soon.

Sounds like he/she didn't have quite enough time basking after eating so that could have been the reason for the loose poop as well as from the lettuce. Did you check out the link to the foods yet?

Good that you're using a probe thermometer, make sure you wait 45 min to an hr before getting the final readings. What size is the tank?

Let us know how the bath goes, test the water by the inside of your wrist, not hot and not cold. Keep a close eye on him, sometimes they try to jump out. Would be a good idea to put your hand in the water in case he feels more secure hanging onto you. Also put a washcloth or small towel down in the bottom so that he doesn't slide around which will make him feel more secure.

hopefully today or tomorrow. well it was like a half hour after she ate the lettuce that she pooped. and i didnt think it could go through that fast.. haha. the tank is a 30 gal tub until i can get a 40 or 55 gallon which should be soon.

its been in there for about an hour and reading between 108 and 111 in the basking spot so its all good!

ill definitly do that. ill post pics of it too. haha, i posted pics of her in the introduction forum if you wanna see her now.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
also noticing that she has either her eyes closed or almost like squinting most of the time right now.. is this normal? or what can i do to fix it if its not.?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that it was the mealworms that made him sick and/or handling too soon after eating. Whenever they vomit, it usually takes a little while to get back to normal, and this could include laying around with the eyes closed. In a few days should hopefully he'll start getting back strength + appetite. Br sure to offer small crickets [ 1/4 inch are good, true pinheads are like 2 dots at the end of a sentence, way too small ] and be sure to offer water with a dropper or spray bottle gently on his nose so he'll lick it up.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
AHBD":39lsb3dc said:
I agree that it was the mealworms that made him sick and/or handling too soon after eating. Whenever they vomit, it usually takes a little while to get back to normal, and this could include laying around with the eyes closed. In a few days should hopefully he'll start getting back strength + appetite. Br sure to offer small crickets [ 1/4 inch are good, true pinheads are like 2 dots at the end of a sentence, way too small ] and be sure to offer water with a dropper or spray bottle gently on his nose so he'll lick it up.

Thank you!! it makes me feel alot better knowing everything that has happened and how to prevent it now. i really hope she gets back to normal soon. i wanna start bonding with her!!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Your'e welcome ! If he's nibbling at greens already, offer turnip, mustard collards, dandelion. The collards are tougher, so those should be grated, the others can be offered just shredded in small pieces. Avoid hard vegs. like carrot, even small pieces can impact a baby because they are so hard. The crickets should be no longer than the space between the beardies eyes, and as for your tank, 30 gal. is fine for a baby up to about 12", so don't worry for the time being, save up and in 3-4 months you can transfer to a larger tank.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
he ate two little leaves of lettuce but thats been it today, shes gonna be a hungry girl by the time the crickets get here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom