Finished background w/Ledge

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Got it done now just to cure one more day. What do y’all think, took me awhile playing with colors but I love the Sandy color I went with. It’s a grey dry lock mixed with Chestnut brown. This is with the bask light to see how the ledge looks. It’s dark but once the uvb and jungle dawn go in it’s gonna pop good.

Attachments

• 47AA399E-9759-4043-83A2-9A4FDE1A2A53.jpeg
    47AA399E-9759-4043-83A2-9A4FDE1A2A53.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 214
  • 86721E0D-D56F-4CEF-8D0D-7DD787C3EAF0.jpeg
    86721E0D-D56F-4CEF-8D0D-7DD787C3EAF0.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 5B5B8A6E-BB37-4C4A-894E-2B349CD12398.jpeg
    5B5B8A6E-BB37-4C4A-894E-2B349CD12398.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 197

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
It looks great, very naturalistic ! Nice job, expertly done. (y)
Hey have you ever used dry lock? It’s been 2 days and I still smell fumes could it be the paint I smell and ok? Or What? I don’t want to keep her in the tote anymore she has been in there for days. But when I close the tank for awhile then open it and smell I smell a painting smell… shouldn’t it be cured by now?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
No, sorry I haven't. Maybe Claudiusx or CooperDragon has some suggestions. I know that there are people in the DIY section that use all of the products too. If you Google it or do a search here you might find some info.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've never used drylock specifically, but to expect two days for a product to fully cure is wishful thinking unfortunately. :)

Most stated "cure" times, are really just a timeframe of when the product is safe to handle or use. A product won't be fully cured for our purposes until it is done offgassing. If you can smell it, it's not done offgassing VOCs.

I used an oil based sealant in one of my builds once. Oil typically takes longer than waterbased anyways, but the can said 5-7 days to cure. I was past week 2 before the smell was basically gone. And that was with it being heated under a basking light.

-Brandon

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you gents! I know 2 days was wishful thinking especially for like 4 coats input on LOL. I e read 3-5 days I’ve read about a week.Well for now she is doing good in her tote she can’t run around but her lights are all at perfect distances and she’s eating and basking in there so I’m not gonna stress to much on it, when it’s done it’s done. She loves sleeping with my wife and I anyway LOL thankyou for your opinions. Much appreciated

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Do you guys recommend blowing a little space heater into it or something I’ve been running a fan through it

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Well update, the girl pooped today and is eating good and I am keeping nice temps and the uvb setup nicely in her tote. So all in all she is very content. Also I’m pleased to say the fumes are much weaker this evening. It’s almost there ! I’ll post pics of her posted up once we get her in there.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
No update on background it’s still putting off fumes. Frey’ja just had a bath though and looks amazing and bright so I wanted to flaunt her a bit

Attachments

• 111D53F6-D3F3-43C2-B920-D4DB54A2141B.jpeg
    111D53F6-D3F3-43C2-B920-D4DB54A2141B.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 133

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She's beautiful, such a vivid color on that plump beardie. :) Just curious though, do you have the wooden slats on the entire floor ? It's probably irritating to her feet. Newspaper would be much better , with or w/out non adhesive shelf liner on top.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Thank you, Yeah she’s a little fatty I only feed her twice week bugs too. But we just started doing that few months ago. No not the entire length. She has always loved that thing it’s from her enclosure. But I’ll see how she reacts to it gone. Thank you for the advice friend. I think she is over this tote thing lol. She hasn’t come out the hide for two days now. The enclosure barely smells so I’ve got lights on I’m it and open with air flow. I’m hoping tomorrow will be the day. Do you have a 4x2x2 with lights inside? If so what do run for bask light?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom