finger has growth on it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rex21

My beardi has some kind of growth at the tip of his finger, anyone one know what it could be???
I have a picture but don't know how to attatch it??!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The easiest way to attach a picture is to go to http://www.photobucket.com & sign up for a free account. Then upload your pics there, then copy & paste the URL to here & that is it. It is very user friendly.
Yes a picture would be helpful. How long has the growth been on the finger, could it be retained shed?

Tracie

rex21

Original Poster
[img
rexsfinger.jpg

Hope the picture works, thanks I would never have known. I wondered if it was from shedding but i don't know how to tell. I only noticed it this morning.
Laura

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Laura,

As best that I can see from the picture, it appears that the nail has come off, is that correct?? If so, it is possible that that he ripped it on something, or there was a bit of retained shed. It looks like he ripped it on something in his tank. Has there been any blood involved?
Is there anything in his tank that he could have caught it on perhaps?
It looks like it is barely hanging on & that it is going to just fall off, but the picture is a little blurry. You can put some antibiotic ointment on it to make sure it is not going to get infected. Can you get him to the vet for them to take a look at it?
Does it seem to hurt him any?

Tracie

rex21

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
The nail is still there underneath the lump. It doesn't hurt him at all and no blood. I know the picture is hard to tell but the more I look at it the more I think retained shed it almost looks like rolled up skin. Is there something I can do if it is retained shed???

Laura

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Laura,

Ok, that is strange. I was trying to see the nail on the picture, & it just looked like it was off. Good that it is not.
Just soak that area, in warm water, & you can put some aloe vera gel on it to help moisturize it too. If you have a small soft toothbrush that you could use to gently scrub that area on him, you can do that, but be careful that you don't tear any of the skin on that area.
At night, you can put some antibiotic ointment on it, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My 2 year old male dragon has been shedding for 2-3 weeks. I’m worried about it being a stuck shed. I’ve seen on other websites they should not soak and then I’ve seen that they should be soaked. So my question is when should I soak him?
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wickedkurse84$
Top Bottom