FINALLY! Hazels tank upgrade! (still some fixes)

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello!

We have done it folks.

I have switched Hazel in a new tank!

There are still some fixes however......

First. Yes, it is painted red..... BAD IDEA TO PAINT THE TANK RED!
We will scrape it off in spring cuz it is way too cold to go outside and do it.

Temps: it stays about 85-90 in the day and 60-70 at night

Yes unfortunately we are using her old light until we can get her a new tube fixture which is shipped in a couple of weeks. Since Warrior got sick again and passed, she found a new best friend (My Puppy Skye. Skye and Hazel ligit sleep with each other it so cute)

We are also adding a Hammock in it! I think and I hope that is all that I can come on the to[ my my head

It was hazel's First birthday November 18! She is small because we think at petco they stunt her growth(We got her when she was 3 months old (January 9) and she only grew 5-6 inches(She is about 8-9 inches)

Here is her tank.
Enclosure is 4x2x2 i think or bigger than that

IMG_20221211_134134.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello!

We have done it folks.

I have switched Hazel in a new tank!

There are still some fixes however......

First. Yes, it is painted red..... BAD IDEA TO PAINT THE TANK RED!
We will scrape it off in spring cuz it is way too cold to go outside and do it.

Temps: it stays about 85-90 in the day and 60-70 at night

Yes unfortunately we are using her old light until we can get her a new tube fixture which is shipped in a couple of weeks. Since Warrior got sick again and passed, she found a new best friend (My Puppy Skye. Skye and Hazel ligit sleep with each other it so cute)

We are also adding a Hammock in it! I think and I hope that is all that I can come on the to[ my my head

It was hazel's First birthday November 18! She is small because we think at petco they stunt her growth(We got her when she was 3 months old (January 9) and she only grew 5-6 inches(She is about 8-9 inches)

Here is her tank.
Enclosure is 4x2x2 i think or bigger than that

View attachment 75995
What's on the floor of the tank-- please get 2 digital probe thermometers - you need a surface basking temp of where she's sitting- 95-100-- your uvb is crucial- the coil is no good -- what is on the way to you? Brand and bulb please-- distance and placement is crucial depending on the screen

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
On the floor is Black Sand I will get two digital probe thermometers and yes i know that coils are demons. i dont even know why they exist. i take her out a lot so the uvb is not hurting her. She broke her other ones cuz she kept on knocking them down so I am buying new ones. The light is a ZooMed Reptisun T5 HO Light tube fixture and hood. and I am mounting it in the tank in which it will be 6" away from basking spot. I am reading basking spot with temp gun and is reading at 92F.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
On the floor is Black Sand I will get two digital probe thermometers and yes i know that coils are demons. i dont even know why they exist. i take her out a lot so the uvb is not hurting her. She broke her other ones cuz she kept on knocking them down so I am buying new ones. The light is a ZooMed Reptisun T5 HO Light tube fixture and hood. and I am mounting it in the tank in which it will be 6" away from basking spot. I am reading basking spot with temp gun and is reading at 92F.
ok the IR gun is good but you want those digital probe thermometers- please shut the coil off and when the T 5 comes distance in the tank should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- please get rid of the sand and get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner -- its more sanitary than sand - for a 4x2x2 tank you can get this black mat made for 4x2x2 tanks -- petsmart I will post the link

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Okay! I will get thatas soon as possible and the coil light did run out which is good cuz thats useless.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom