Ferret attack

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
That's good but w/ incorrect husbandry that's going to stop- at this time he's developing mbd- please look on this forum under articles for basic set up etc-- your dragon needs these things I posted for you to live-
Ok, will do

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, I was expecting your dragon to look worse. I'm not saying it isn't bad, but, we have seen
some real bad cases on here.
As Karrie has suggested, begin putting some raw, unpasteurized honey on the wound as well as using
it internally too. It is safe & tastes good so you can use it on the inside of his mouth.
Instead of hydrogen peroxide, use a diluted betadine instead. It is safer for their scales. You can also
use some aloe vera gel or raw honey on the scales area too.
Be sure there are no loose insects in his tank that would be attracted to the honey.
Please let us know how he is donig. If you can, keep him around 75-80F overnigh, to help boost his
immune system.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, will do
I am posting 3 UVB's for you please get one immediately--
24" for a 40 + gallon tank
this fixture will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you will need the Reptisun 10.0 T 5
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Terrarium Hood
22" bulb Reptisun Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
or this one can be found at Pet Smart if you have one where you live you want the 24 watt 12 % bulb
or this one you will need the Reptisun bulb I posted above - you want a 2 ft or 24" fixture
please get a 100 watt basking bulb to start w/ - you need surface basking temps of 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- this is a must ---
2 of these Zoo Med Digital Thermometer for Terrariums
When you get the UVB please post back on here so I can help you get it placed for your tank -- the screen will determine where the UVB goes -- this is important --

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Hello,

Poor thing, I was expecting your dragon to look worse. I'm not saying it isn't bad, but, we have seen
some real bad cases on here.
As Karrie has suggested, begin putting some raw, unpasteurized honey on the wound as well as using
it internally too. It is safe & tastes good so you can use it on the inside of his mouth.
Instead of hydrogen peroxide, use a diluted betadine instead. It is safer for their scales. You can also
use some aloe vera gel or raw honey on the scales area too.
Be sure there are no loose insects in his tank that would be attracted to the honey.
Please let us know how he is donig. If you can, keep him around 75-80F overnigh, to help boost his
immune system.

Tracie
I had taken him to the vet and they said not to worry about his teeth but apparently he has mouth rot, so they gave me antibiotics and an inflammation medication for him. Monday he goes back for a check up

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They had thought he had mouth rot, really? How is he doing right now, are the medications bothering
him any? I hope he is eating & is much better now.
Did you get his lighting all changed for him, too?
Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
He needs live insects please - dubia roaches are a good feeder
www.dubiaroaches.com - he needs salads I will post a website tomorrow - along w/ some treat worms like supers and horn worms- what are you using for a uvb ? Coil? Long tube fixture? Does the dragon have a black beard ? Can you post pics of the wound please
I would like to second this. Please please only feed live bugs especially bc yours is a baby, trust me ive been there and done that, fed my first one only dead dried mealworms, crickets, and grasshoppers when he was a baby too but PLEASE do notttt do that. The dont even have the teeth to be chewing that kinda stuff up yet. I was doing everything you were doing and also had improper uvb, etc, i hot bought the kid from petco and thought everything was fine but its not!!! Mine ended up dying 31 days later on halloween and i didnt see it coming. I got a new one but majorly switched up her living situation. I got a long tube fixture, no night light, i got her the right temps, moved her from a 40g to a 120g after she was getting bigger and I have ONLY fed her live bugs, no dead ones and she is the happiest little girl. Were going on 6 months of me having her so even if you think your beardie is fine and may look fine if theres things you can fix or need to please do! Save yourself the heartbreak of knowing you could have done better. I just wanted to put that out there because I was reading this and it def hit close to home lol. I dont mean to sound harsh or anything if it came off that way I would just hate to see someone do what I did.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your beardie! I prefer for him to stay away from other animals(You can have animals and beardies become best friends but it takes time like my Hazel and how she became best buds with my dog Skye) I agree, Crickets go for wounds so not the best feeding source. Beardies need live insects to keep them healthy, They also need a lot of greens as that is how they mostly get their water if not drinking out of a bowl. I've seen so many beardies get hurt because people will try something out and it does not end well. Sometimes it can end up just fine but please make sure he has those greens and insects! also, good tank setup as well. So many good things about your beardie, just make sure you have the right setup and diet! Hope he does well, Also send pictures of you setup!

Cadence Warren

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Nova
Hello,

Sorry to hear about your beardie! I prefer for him to stay away from other animals(You can have animals and beardies become best friends but it takes time like my Hazel and how she became best buds with my dog Skye) I agree, Crickets go for wounds so not the best feeding source. Beardies need live insects to keep them healthy, They also need a lot of greens as that is how they mostly get their water if not drinking out of a bowl. I've seen so many beardies get hurt because people will try something out and it does not end well. Sometimes it can end up just fine but please make sure he has those greens and insects! also, good tank setup as well. So many good things about your beardie, just make sure you have the right setup and diet! Hope he does well, Also send pictures of you setup!
Oh
Hello,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 58

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
so i would start with getting proper UVB, thats so important, the UVB bulb and coil ones dont give them proper UVB they need, please get a tube fixture and I know KarrieRee attached ones that she suggested, also the thermometer you have in there is inaccurate and you need a digital probe thermometer, one for humidity in the middle and 2 for temp, there should be a temp gradient throughout the terrarium. Have you bought live insects for Nova yet?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom