Femoral pores clogged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgcurtis

Original Poster
Hello, today I noticed my 2 year old beardie Cheeto’s femoral pores looked a bit different than I’ve seen before and wanted to get an opinion on if they may be clogged or not. He just had a yearly checkup vet visit six weeks ago and the vet didn’t notice anything at the time. I already have scheduled a vet appointment for him on Monday to be on the safe side. He is currently shedding which is why his skin is a different shade on his belly and one leg. Also is it normal to not have a femoral pore on one leg, it seems that he has one on his left leg but not the right.
I appreciate any feedback, Thanks!

Attachments

• 51966C75-5FFE-422F-BA52-6C0C524CF95D.jpeg
    51966C75-5FFE-422F-BA52-6C0C524CF95D.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 135

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Hello, today I noticed my 2 year old beardie Cheeto’s femoral pores looked a bit different than I’ve seen before and wanted to get an opinion on if they may be clogged or not. He just had a yearly checkup vet visit six weeks ago and the vet didn’t notice anything at the time. I already have scheduled a vet appointment for him on Monday to be on the safe side. He is currently shedding which is why his skin is a different shade on his belly and one leg. Also is it normal to not have a femoral pore on one leg, it seems that he has one on his left leg but not the right.
I appreciate any feedback, Thanks!
i dont really know what to say because they don't look clogged but I don't understand why there's orange underneath bc last I heard is that its supposed to be all ivory underneath them I've never seen this before

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Orange coloring is normal their not all pale underneath not sure where that came from? Especially depending on the specific morph of dragon and like you mentioned their only all pale when they’re in shed and it covers all the markings on their belly. That’s why the belly is pale and the tail which is not in shed has the normal coloration. The pores look fine to me and very similar to my male dragon.

cgcurtis

Original Poster
Orange coloring is normal their not all pale underneath not sure where that came from? Especially depending on the specific morph of dragon and like you mentioned their only all pale when they’re in shed and it covers all the markings on their belly. That’s why the belly is pale and the tail which is not in shed has the normal coloration. The pores look fine to me and very similar to my male dragon.
Thanks so much for the feedback! I think you’re right about why it’s orange as his normal color is a bright orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom