Female induced egg production?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkah

I have a 6 year old female beardie that absolutely wants mate.

All my beardies are in their separate section of a beardie condo. I take out each dragon for their baths in the mornings and when she sees them head bobbing and black bearding she starts glass dancing, head bobbing and lifting her tail to get into the mating position.

In fact she's so excited that sometimes when i take her out, she just gets into position in my hand and head bobs at me.

My concern, is will this act of continuously wanting to breed, make her produce infertile eggs?

Yes, i know beardie's produce infertile eggs anyway. The question is will all this hyped up frustrations make her produce a clutch anyways, mated or not?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....some females will produce infertile eggs without any other dragon in the house, and no obvious " cue " to trigger development of eggs. Has she been in this environment for a while [ with other dragons around ] or just recently ? Only time will tell whether she's going to produce eggs. If you need info about lay boxes + egg laying, there's a sticky at the top of this page.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
It's possible that it could make her lay infertile eggs, but you never know. I've never seen a dragon who has an "urge" to mate... :? So I'm confused by that.

As previous poster asked, how long ago were the other dragons introduced into the home? She may just sense the other dragons and may be trying to be submissive right away. Especially if there are several males, she may know that she's not the top dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom