Female going crazy!!! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so my 2 year old female dragon has been going nutz for 3 days now. She has been scratching and FRANTICLY trying to get out. When I let her out she frantically scratches at the walls and trys to dig the carpet. She has not had any contact with my male (who is just going through maturity). Is it possible that she can smell him from the other room? Maybe she needs to lay some dud eggs? She is barely eating and really starting to scare me.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Yes. She is probably about to lay eggs. I reccomend you get a large container and fill it about 15" deep with moist soil or packed peat moss. Leave her be for a while except for maybe peaking in to see if she has laid anything. Your baby will be JUST fine. I'll get Tracie for a more detailed description of what you need to do. :)

Happy Laying!
Haley :twisted:

BeccaBeardie

Original Poster
So I got some natural topsoil and put it in a big tupperware tub. It smells a little from the "natural" part of the soil. I am hoping that will work. I just put her in it and put her in a well lit quiet place. It is better if the lights are lower?

BeccaBeardie

Original Poster
No eggs and she is still acting nutz! I left her in there for a while. With out her heat lamp, then with it... is it possible she just wants to make baby dragons?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
It takes them a while sometimes. I know there's someone around here who kept her dragon in the lay box for 2 weeks and nothing happened... and then as soon as she took her out she laid in her tank. :p

i know there is conflict about adding laybox in a beardies tank..i had to add one to my females..she wont lay anyother way...i know moist dirt can make the humidity high but i think if you watch it,,and put one in her tank..and dont change the lighting leave everything the same,,and give that a try..dont bother her either mine always wait till im not home to lay...they are smarter then alot of people think let me tell you

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Becca!

Can you feel eggs when you have her in her bath? You should be able to feels a belly full of grapes when she is ready to lay.

When Nef laid eggs, she would start scratching, so I'd put her in the dig box. She'd dig away for a while, then ask to come out, without ever laying any eggs. This went on for several days, both times. The first clutch ended up in my bed, at 4 in the morning. The second was in her habba hut, on the paper towel substrate. These clutches were not ones to keep, both were destroyed.

When Astarte laid her three clutches, each time it was straight into the lay box, dig a hole, lay the eggs, cover them and sit on top with beardies death glares, "Eggs? What eggs? I don't gotta show you no eggs!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom