Female digging help (old setup inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My female likes to dig here and there I have read a lot and someone said you could use multiple fleece blankets so she could dig and burrow without the messiness of substrate. I have been mix and matching my enclosures (Male and Female) to basically make sure there isn't really any bare spots and they can rub and climb on/over/under half logs and basking spots. I have ordered a long bridge/ladder/hammock I want to attach it to 1 side of the tank and their house so I could take a few obstacles out. I also got a small tub I wanted to put in her enclosure once i do take items out and have room so she could borrow/dig what would the best substrate be? I have seen some wonky things like aspen and shades of some type of wood chips I mean i would love to turn her/his enclosure in to a floor of substrate I currently have a mat and unsure how to actually put a regular substrate in (pic is my females old setup I moved things and added/subtracted)

Attachments

• 20211211_191710_HDR.jpg
    20211211_191710_HDR.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 117

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi, nice looking set up you have. :) You can use a mix of plain topsoil + sand in a dig box . Both can be found at home Depot/Lowe's maybe Walmart. You can use the same for substrate if you want, some people add clay to the mixture as well.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi, nice looking set up you have. :) You can use a mix of plain topsoil + sand in a dig box . Both can be found at home Depot/Lowe's maybe Walmart. You can use the same for substrate if you want, some people add clay to the mixture as well.
I have heard of clay that you add water too and it'll get moist but not wet I'm currently trying to make room for a low rise storage container that she can get in/out of fairly easy. Not low enough to make a gigantic mess though hopefully I can find plain topsoil/sand with no added stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom