Female bearded dragon head bobbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancy22

are you sure your dragon is female?
50ABA390-82DC-452A-80EC-CD9F60C9820F.jpeg
5AF6C56F-23FA-4A2B-A632-14491BB3DB3F.jpeg
555E91A0-17A4-4D03-BB2E-BA153C2BB840.jpeg

She was sexed by the breeder, 90% sure she is female.

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
bit hard to tell from the angle of that pic but cant see any prominent hemipene bulges or femoral pores and the tail is nice and thick so probably is a girl.
How old is she?

Fancy22

bit hard to tell from the angle of that pic but cant see any prominent hemipene bulges or femoral pores and the tail is nice and thick so probably is a girl.
How old is she?

She is right at 10 months, and that’s her head bobbing

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
She's hit sexual maturity and she can see her reflection there. Looks like she's decided its time to challenge the 'rival' she see's :)

When the hormones kick in some females can become as feisty as males. I have seen a couple of females in the past who actually behaved like dominant males when introduced to a potential mate and actually tried to dominate him. This tends to happen more so with females on the larger side.

The fact she can see her reflection is probably causing the stress and will also account for her eating being slightly off - your girl isn't happy theres a rival around!

Just keep your eye on her and as long as her eating doesn't stop altogether and she's not losing condition I wouldn't worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom