Female Bearded Dragon has hard lump in stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

BD.org Addict
If you can't afford euthanasia to keep your pet from suffering, you shouldn't have pets.

LinkDragon512

Original Poster
I feel that I should've never gotten them because of this too and because I just utterly failed at taking proper care of them...I don't know what to do..!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
There is a lot I would like to say, but I won't. I will say this I went through the same thing and all my friends helped me to save Booger's life, if not I would have found a way and not let my girl die. I am not sure how bad you tried to raise money to save your girl and I did donate money to it, ( I did get it refunded back to me) but since it seems you made no real effect in saving your girl I am way more then pissed you would let her die like that. There are ways to get something done even if you have to surrender her to someone who could. Enough said, before I get kicked off this site. There is a difference in trying to save her and not trying at all.

LinkDragon512

Original Poster
I'm so sorry...I just...I don't know. I'm so sorry...I seriously messed up so bad...I was convinced she wasn't gonna make it. I still should've tried much better than I did. *Doesn't have words to describe how bad he feels right now...* ...Her name was Xena.

My dad was working hard to even see if there was a vet to take her to, we couldn't even find one here in southwest Florida. And I didn't know anyone who could help either.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
I hope she didn't suffer to bad, and if you get another one, you have to know there are a lot of beardie people out in this world and on this site that would help you. Don't feel bad about asking for help. If I didn't ask for help my girl would have died, but my friends knew how much she meant to me. I would do anything for both of my girls. You never know if they will make it or not until you try the best you can for them. I have been there and lucky for me it turned out great and she is doing so well now. Sorry for being rude, but that is how I am.

LinkDragon512

Original Poster
It's alright dude, don't worry about it. And no, she didn't suffer for too long. I do have another bearded dragon that I got before her, his name is Gladiator. Luckily he's still doing very well.

Hi,

If you are using sand substrate or anything like colored rocks it could be your substrate.
I would suggest feeling where the lump starts and ends. Something else to check is how long has it been there for?

to get rid of this lump if its impaction: Fill your tub up to around the elbows of your beardie and make sure the water is not to hot not to cold. to test the temp in the water see how warm it is on the inside of your rist. Once your bath is ready for your bearded dragon put them in and let them soak for 5-10 maybe even 20 minutes. rub the lump VERY VERY VERY gently in the tub and hopefully your beardie will poop. if that doesn't work consult with a vet. its worth the money to see whats wrong and how you can help your pet.

I hope she is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom