femaile egglaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronik1

someone told me beardies are like chickens, in that they only have to mate once and can continue to lay eggs for many more times.is there any truth in this???appreciate any educated responses.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
no that is not true some times the female will lay 3 clutches of eggs like she will lay 20 eggs then a couple weeks later another 20 eggs then another week later another 20 eggs then she has to mate again to have more eggs some beardies only have one clutch some have 2 some have 3 it just depends

i have also heard of more than 3 clutches..but depends on the dragon..Im pretty sure that a female can store sperm for up to a year..

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
ilovebeardeddragons":3dc0d said:
no that is not true some times the female will lay 3 clutches of eggs like she will lay 20 eggs then a couple weeks later another 20 eggs then another week later another 20 eggs then she has to mate again to have more eggs some beardies only have one clutch some have 2 some have 3 it just depends

All females hold the sperm for about 5 months it's how they continue to live, in the wild not many eggs hatch or many babies get killed. I've seen up to five clutches from one single mating.

But like the otherp erson said it depends on the beardie and how strong they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom