Feet sticking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Hey, all!

We've had our beardie Gary for a couple weeks now, and we are guessing he's around 2 months old, since we rescued him from Petco. Everything's been going well aside from a couple of things. This isn't one of the more serious ones, but I'm just curious if other people are experiencing it as well.

Gary started standing with his feet pointing up all of the sudden. He doesn't do it all the time, and it was really recent that he started doing this. I just want to make sure there's nothing wrong considering I'm so paranoid with him being my first reptile to own. Here's the best picture I could get. There's more stuff in his tank, by the way, I just took it all out while we were feeding him.

84170-8073118827.jpg

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
One of my guys did that too and I wasn't sure why. If you can give me details about your setup (tank size, lights you're using, temperatures, etc) I'll be glad to review it and see if anything stands out as a possible issue.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1fxnrj3i said:
One of my guys did that too and I wasn't sure why. If you can give me details about your setup (tank size, lights you're using, temperatures, etc) I'll be glad to review it and see if anything stands out as a possible issue.

20 gallon tank (planning on get a bigger one as he grows, of course)
repticarpet
humidity stays around 30-35%
100-115 degree basking side
around 85 for the cooler side
reptisun 10.0 tube light
125W basking bulb
we do dust all his food with calcium
sprayed with water daily, baths every once in a while

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
In the wild lizards do it when the sand is hot, so carpet could hold a bit of heat like sand does. It looks like the light is shining down right there where he is , heating up the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom