Feeding

Pward

Hello!
What are the recommendations for feeding? My beardie is about 8-9 months old, I am currently feeding him twice a day (25 dubias each time) and greens+squash twice a day. He still seems hungry!

When should I cut back on feeding bugs?

Thanks!
Pam

Attachments

• 23C740CA-8639-4E47-B47E-B422948CFD22.jpeg
    23C740CA-8639-4E47-B47E-B422948CFD22.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 122

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello!
What are the recommendations for feeding? My beardie is about 8-9 months old, I am currently feeding him twice a day (25 dubias each time) and greens+squash twice a day. He still seems hungry!

When should I cut back on feeding bugs?

Thanks!
Pam
He looks good - he needs his insects everyday till he's a year- what is the size of the dubia your feeding ? If they are too small he will eat more of them-- offer him some worms like supers horn or meal or all three staggering when you feed them-- only feed like 3 of the supers horn 1-2 and meal worms 4-5 - those are all treat worms- offer more veggies if you want - that will not put weight on him-

Pward

Original Poster
I just ordered medium 5/8” dubias, but he was eating small 1/2” before. Should I still feed him 25 twice a day or taper to once a day?
Thanks a lot for your reply!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They are still growing at 9 months and need protein to do so. Don't cut back on insects till he stops growing. It should be roughly at the one year mark.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just ordered medium 5/8” dubias, but he was eating small 1/2” before. Should I still feed him 25 twice a day or taper to once a day?
Thanks a lot for your reply!
Feed as many as he will eat -- I fed mine one - two at a time and I also would put like 10 in a dish they couldn't get out of - then watched to see how many he ate if he ate them all then I would add more like 3 or so to keep count of how many he was eating - Blaze phazed out of eating two times a day around 5 months - but he was filling up on dubias super worms salad and horn worms -- I also fed him silk worms in the salad like 2 or so so he got a variety of food the worms were fed alternately - not all at the same feeding -

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom