Feeding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie is maybe about 8 to 9 inches long how much am I supposed to feed her? How often do feed her bc I am a college student?
She needs fresh green salads everyday like collards kale turnip or mustard squash like zucchini yellow butternut sweet potato shredded- etc I can post a nutrition website tomorrow- a staple insect everyday live crickets silk worms or bsfl or dubias I recommend those they need to be dusted w/ calcium D 3 5x per week one per feeding/ day vitamins w/ beta carotene 2x per week once per feeding / day - a good uvb is crucial no coil uvb's they are a health hazard and a good solid bright white basking bulb w/ surface basking temps 95-100-- examples are a Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or zoo meds repti basking bulb - 2 digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps--

DesDills23

Original Poster
She needs fresh green salads everyday like collards kale turnip or mustard squash like zucchini yellow butternut sweet potato shredded- etc I can post a nutrition website tomorrow- a staple insect everyday live crickets silk worms or bsfl or dubias I recommend those they need to be dusted w/ calcium D 3 5x per week one per feeding/ day vitamins w/ beta carotene 2x per week once per feeding / day - a good uvb is crucial no coil uvb's they are a health hazard and a good solid bright white basking bulb w/ surface basking temps 95-100-- examples are a Exo Terra intense basking bulb-- or zoo meds repti basking bulb - 2 digital probe thermometers to get actual surface basking temps--
How many insects should she eat like is there a 10 minute window she eats as many as she can?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How many insects should she eat like is there a 10 minute window she eats as many as she can?
Yes but you want her eating salads this is how they get most of her hydration - rinse the greens before serving- she needs good lighting and proper basking temps -- this is crucial to her over all health - the uvb needs correct placement and distance- not all uvb's are the same
Nutrition Content
kale is a great staple feeder

Last edited:
KarrieRee gave such useful information. When I bought my beardie, I didn't know about this forum, and it was a little hard to find such tips on the web. Why are you asking it and add what you are a student? Do you have some challenges because of this fact? Fortunately, I found this source where I often get help with some of my papers for college. I'm also a student, and sometimes I didn't even have time to learn such things because of many educational tasks.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Rinsing greens is not just for hydration imo, i commonly find dirt and bird poop on the greens. You dont want to feed that to your beardies either

KarrieRee gave such useful information. When I bought my beardie, I didn't know about this forum, and it was a little hard to find such tips on the web. Why are you asking it and add what you are a student? Do you have some challenges because of this fact? Fortunately, I found this source
https://gradesfixer.com/essay-types/ where I often get help with some of my papers for college. I'm also a student, and sometimes I didn't even have time to learn such things because of many educational tasks.
I agree with xp29, you always need to rinse green before you will get it to your beardie

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom