Feeding Veggies to a 3 months old

Schmonatan

Beardie name(s)
Leila
Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie to keeping beardies, but have read quite a lot of internet and saw info that some people start to feed veggies to their pets at about 6 months, when their eating tastes change.

So my question is - should I just give up on veggies at the moment and feed only feeders to my baby girl until she's at least 6. or should I still put greens in the tank despite everything? The thing is, as everyone knows, greens fade, and it seems a little bit wasteful. Feeders can't keep the pace and eat everything after her :D
Trying pollen does still look like a plausible option but I didn't try it yet because she might either get addicted to it or just ignore it.

I also don't know if I skip giving her veggies now, will she want them later in her ages? I know it sounds stupid a little bit but she just doesn't eat any of veggies, even fruits.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone.

I'm a newbie to keeping beardies, but have read quite a lot of internet and saw info that some people start to feed veggies to their pets at about 6 months, when their eating tastes change.

So my question is - should I just give up on veggies at the moment and feed only feeders to my baby girl until she's at least 6. or should I still put greens in the tank despite everything? The thing is, as everyone knows, greens fade, and it seems a little bit wasteful. Feeders can't keep the pace and eat everything after her :D
Trying pollen does still look like a plausible option but I didn't try it yet because she might either get addicted to it or just ignore it.

I also don't know if I skip giving her veggies now, will she want them later in her ages? I know it sounds stupid a little bit but she just doesn't eat any of veggies, even fruits.
You need to get her started on veggies now-- as they get older they wont eat them at all -- they will only want bugs and worms- so I would get some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com and use these to lure her to the bowl they are a great staple feeder as well - use as many as you want they make a good compliment to the main staple feeder
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Reptile-Ceramic-Leopard-Bearded/dp/B084VJJWTV?
pf_rd_r=R0HNPKXJ2ZARWAT5MPAH&pf_rd_p=c5b6893a-24f2-4a59-9d4b-aff5065c90ec&pd_rd_r=0173f98f-f39b-4d44-9f76-6ae4d88c419b&pd_rd_w=AuGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
Nutrition Content Ignore the kale info its outdated

Schmonatan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leila
Today I got BSFL. It took some time for her to even try them :) They won't get away if I leave them in the feeder, right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Today I got BSFL. It took some time for her to even try them :) They won't get away if I leave them in the feeder, right?
Feeder ? What kind of bowl? I posted a bowl for you -- look to see if that comes close to what your using

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Hello everyone.

Interesting question

I noticed my guy eats flukes garden blend or even a Juvenile diet when he's young like he is. Turning 6 mos.

So, I feed my guys the pellets in the morning.
& Bugs starting in the afternoon.

If you're interested, I have a dehydrate/rehydrate tutorial on salads.
& You can gut-load bugs at the end of the day with these salads.

$@V3 M0N3Y on salad.

Also, save money by buying 'Repasy' & mix it yourself instead of 'Fluker's'.
Dry bones love Fluker's.
Make sure you get moist pellets as I'm not 100% sure about the dry pellets they sell.

Schmonatan

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leila
KarrieRee, yes, sorry, i saw your link after I ask my question 😅 I already have a feeder, though it is different, and I wonder if bsfl will escape from a feeder if it is not «special».

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
KarrieRee, yes, sorry, i saw your link after I ask my question 😅 I already have a feeder, though it is different, and I wonder if bsfl will escape from a feeder if it is not «special».
You will just haft to see if they stay in it- these bowls are really nice I use two of them and I know a lot on this forum use them as well -

Bonzo

Beardie name(s)
Indy
Yeah, every day and misting them often keeps them fresher, and able to transfer more water to your Beardie's system. We have baby arugula and collard greens in the bowl for chewing, lately. Multivitamin powder on the greens is a good thought.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Interesting, I might try this as well, are black soldier flies a daily staple? Or more as a treat?
BSFL are a great staple feeder
I recommend Critter depot.
@Critter Depot

I included a chart. 
nutrition chart for bugs.jpg

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom