Feeding Tank? Good idea or Bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

danfoxh

Good day all,

I have read a few posts here as well as other places where an owner has a separated tank specifically for feeding. I suppose they use this tank to regulate the standard rule of thumb of "as much as they can eat in 15-20 minutes".

Now, I am a newbie so I am flying blind here. My beardie is 6 months old, and up until last night has been fed in his normal habitat. I had an extra 10 gallon lying around so I figured I would give this idea a shot. So far he has eaten nothing out of it and afterwards given me a look of some very specific non forum related 4 letter words!

So, all that being said, here is my questions. 1) What does everyone think of the "feeder tank" concept"? 2) Should I continue to put him in there with the assumption that eventually he will get hungry enough to eat. 3) Should I stop questioning myself and just put the crickets back in his habitat, its worked this long, stop messing with a good formula?.

Thanks all,
Dan and King Arthur

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). I personally don't use a feeder tank. But I can see why people would. It keeps the feeders contained in a small place. If you feed crickets they can't jump around the tank and not get eaten. Also crickets shouldn't be left in the tank overnight because they can bite your beardie. So I can see why if you feed crickets. It is really a personally choice. Since you randomly did it, it confused your beardie. They are creatures of habit and vchanging how you feed him confused him. He will probably get use to eating in a feeding tank if that is how you would like to feed him.

Isbe

I tried a 10 gal feeder tank for crickets with my Dragon and it was an abomination. He would stress out and climb the glass or he would sit there and let crickets climb him. I tried 1 at a time that did not work. Tried 10 or so at a time and that did not work. There is no good way to feed crickets to my dragon. Only logical choice is Roaches or worms. I have seen some videos with some people having success with a feeder tank but not me. I think sometimes my Dragon has down syndrome or something the way he acts. If he was in the wild he would not last with how picky he is.

Before anyone asks I do have the correct setup for him. I come from a farm so I have had many animals and pets but the work I have had to put in this Dragon is more than anything I have ever seen.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom