Feeding my 8-9 month old beardie - Having issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molson

Hey all.

So my beardie is 8-9 m/o, ~20 inches long, has proper lighting and temps and all that jazz, bath every few days, regular and fine poops, good fecal done a couple months ago, seems perfectly healthy.

But she doesn't want to eat any veggies and recently went on a hunger strike for a few days, before I gave in and started feeding her several superworms a day. She loves the superworms and will run across the tank to get them, but is interested by nothing else.

I offer a varied salad each day, usually some mixture of collard greens, a type of squash, endive, and sometimes the odd berry. Not interested by anything. I've tried feeding the worms in with the salad, but she just waits for the worm to poke out of the salad so she can avoid it. When she was 3-5 months old or so she would eat collard greens every day on her own, but now even hand feeding doesn't spark any interest.

So what should I do? Keep feeding several superworms a day and try to offer salad? Provide only salad every day until she gets hungry enough to eat it? Go back to the vet for another check-up? I'm running out of ideas :( Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. Just keep offering salad everyday. I know I had to try a bunch of different types before I found out what they liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HELP what's happening with my beardie!!he has a lifted up scale and it has shedding in a circle around it I noticed it for the first time yesterday and I have no idea what it is and when I shine a flashlight on him it's yellow around the scale what do I doooo
substrate looks scrumptious
My female bearded dragon has recently started gasping for air all the time. She can’t get sleep or really do anything because she has such a difficult time breathing. I think it might be a RI but I’m not completely sure. Any thoughts?
Building a custom enclosure from an entertainment center. Can't wait to see how it ends up! Custom Build
setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScallySquash
Top Bottom