feeding issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
im having issues trying to get kioh to eat her food! she wont eat live food.. p.o. only gave her pellets so ive only tried crickets and she wouldnt hunt them.. she will eat the canned crickets though (sigh)

anyway i give her a salad of turnip greens and mustard greens and some squash everymorning..
i also include some few colors of her pellets because when shes hungry she seems to like those.
then in the evening i give her about 7-10 crickets she eats those eagerly

but she does not seem to touch the salad at all..

How old is your dragon? 15 m.o.
How long have you had your dragon? 4 weeks
How long is your dragon? 18"
What is the sex of your dragon? f
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 30 gallon ..buiding bigger
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? sand
Do you use UVB lights? yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? yes..
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? reptisun 10.0
How old is your UVB bulb? unknown.. aprox 6-8 months.. new enclosure has bigger and new bulb.
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? on floor shes 18" away.. on her basking light shes 7"
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? yes.. home depot spot light 90 watt
What are the basking temps? 97 degrees (new enclosure basking temps will be at 104)
What is the cool side temp? 85
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? stick ons, plus round ones laid about.. also have ir temp gun
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? cool side..where she lays. hot side on her basking rock
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. see above
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? salad in am, crix at night
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? yez. cant remeber off top of my head.. will look wheni get home.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? every other day.. solid.
Do you bath your dragon? How often? i try. she doesnt like it..
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? yes.. she gets misted, and she has a water bowl.. she knows how to drink.
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?
i havnot. p.o. had paperwork from 7 weeks ago in good heath. ill be using same vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom