feeders

solana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
carlisle and bertha
does anyone know where I can buy feeders in bulk to keep for breeding? I have 2 birdies (one baby about 2 months old and one adult about six years old) and 2 leopard geckos ( both probably 2 years old) so buying insects from PetSmart for them is getting expensive. i am looking to start an insect farm ( probably roaches and super worms) but I'm not sure of any websites that sell them
(attached photos are my 6 year old beardie bertha and my 2 month old carlisle)

Attachments

• bertha.jpg
    bertha.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 78
  • carlisle.jpg
    carlisle.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 58

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
does anyone know where I can buy feeders in bulk to keep for breeding? I have 2 birdies (one baby about 2 months old and one adult about six years old) and 2 leopard geckos ( both probably 2 years old) so buying insects from PetSmart for them is getting expensive. i am looking to start an insect farm ( probably roaches and super worms) but I'm not sure of any websites that sell them
www.dubiaroaches.com
Dubia Roaches, Bearded Dragon Food | ABDragons
All About Feeders
Price these places out some others on here can probably post more sites

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
I wouldnt recommend doing a superworm farm, the only reason i say this is because all 6 times ive tried to start one they never end up actually starting and i followed every rule, I have had much better luck with mealworms and I've noticed that they seem to be a much hardier farm in general. If you wouldnt mind feeding a couple more worms then i would strongly suggest doing a mealworm farm. Ive had mine running for the last 2 years and sometimes forget to feed it for more then a week and there is still thousands of mealworms when i go to feed

solana

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
carlisle and bertha
I wouldnt recommend doing a superworm farm, the only reason i say this is because all 6 times ive tried to start one they never end up actually starting and i followed every rule, I have had much better luck with mealworms and I've noticed that they seem to be a much hardier farm in general. If you wouldnt mind feeding a couple more worms then i would strongly suggest doing a mealworm farm. Ive had mine running for the last 2 years and sometimes forget to feed it for more then a week and there is still thousands of mealworms when i go to feed
i was thinking meal worms might be easier but none of my reptiles seem to like them for some reason, it could just be because i was getting them from pet smart but my geckos straight up refuse them and my beardies just prefer pretty much anything else. have you ever had this problem with yours?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
i was thinking meal worms might be easier but none of my reptiles seem to like them for some reason, it could just be because i was getting them from pet smart but my geckos straight up refuse them and my beardies just prefer pretty much anything else. have you ever had this problem with yours?
I have mine do not eat meal or wax worms- they prefer supers and horn- you can get nice super worms from Fluker's Cricket Farms - Live Crickets Feeder Insects Online Delivered to Your Home

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
Yes! not with my bearded dragons but my AFT Gecko. It took a very long time to figure out a way. So when i go to feed my AFT i use the lid to my calcium container, grab however many mealworms im feeding, get a nice even dusting, then cut the mealworms open so a meal scent is produced. I a getting to a point now where I dont really have to cut more then around 3-4 because hes getting used to the smell and flavor of the calcium. I dont know if youve tried that but that finally worked for me after about 7 months of owning my aft let me know if you try it and if you do how it goes!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Reptilian Arts has good prices and super super fast shipping 🙂

They have good varieties of feeders - hornworms, silkworms, dubia, superworms, black soldier fly larvae, etc - plus a bunch of different other supplies

reptilianarts.com

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom