Fatty Liver Disease or Genetics?

I noticed recently that my 2 year old females mouth is yellow and pink. Pink tongue and gums but it transitions to yellow near the back of her throat. Is this Fatty Liver disease or her genetics coming out?
As of now she is 18 inches long and weights 580 grams. She's always been on the bigger size and im currently trying to help her loose some weight. She gets fed a small handful of collard greens with some kale sprinkled on throughout the week. And for protein She gets 24 to 36 crickets through the week as well. She gets take out once a day to run around for about an hour or more. Her appetite, bowl movements, and overall behavior has been normal. I've read that they like to hide when they are sick and I'm scarred that her liver may be failing and she's just trying to hide it from me. I've already made an appointment on Monday for her to get checked out, but I wanted to hear some opinions from fellow owners in the meantime. I'll try to answer questions as often as I can. She's only 2 and I'm scared I'm going to lose her already and I don't want that.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
There are some beardies who have that and it was no problem but have @AHBD have a look. Do you have pics? That would be really helpful

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today? That's good to hear she has been eating well, so it doesn't
sound like she is having any liver trouble right now.
A lot of them have recessive genetics for yellow pigmentation in the mouths. It is a gene primarily
from the P. Barbata, mostly for defensive protection in the wild.

Tracie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Healthy appetite is good a lot of the time the hiding will be associated with lack of appetite when they are ill. That is some cool info @Drache613 about the P. Barbata

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom