Fake Rock Structure Alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
As the title suggests, I'm looking for alternative ways to go about doing the fake rock structures. From what I've seen, most people use styrofoam to create the bulk of the structure, expending foam to fill in, then level out with grout before painting and sealing. While I wouldn't use this, I came across a clay substrate and was wondering if there's smth like so that would be okay to use? Obviously any necessary precautions would be taken as I would with sealing the structures made from foam.

chrsschb

Nothing wrong with clay or other hardened materials, you just wanna make sure you seal it.

Keep in mind some kinds of soft woods are bad (like pine).

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Main reason Im not going with what I initially found is its intentionally made for digging, any specific product suggestions for something that could be sculpted & sealed?

The tank itself is mostly birch with a single oak board for supporting a shelf. All of it has 3 coats of water based poly-somethingicantremember (the food grade sealant that everyone suggests).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom